Paradox Unveils New Europa Universalis IV Mini Expansion to the Public

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So much ass-kissing in this forum, RIP Paradox.

Internal managment? At least in some basic form? The thing I've been dreaming about? I...just..Could it mean that things would finally start working between us, EU IV? Sorry I just need a moment for myself....*quietly cries*

If you cannot disagree with someone's opinion without calling them a whiner/ troll/ fanboy/ asskisser, or any variation, then do not post.

Posts that insult others will be deleted.

I'm enjoying the game, even if it does crash more post 1.6. Personally, I wish that paradox would make larger expansions so we can have more stuff to play with at once. If they released packs of DLCS where you could still pick which content you want, or make a map with a slight discount, that would be cool.
As far as the new DLC, can't wait to see if it will add more stuff to do in between wars. That's the only part of the game where there's time just spend waiting on a truce to end, or manpower to replenish or stuff like that. I hope that they throw in a few new formable nations...... WITH unique ideas. :)

I wish these expansions extended the timeline like the EUIII expansions did. I'm not very crazy about the latest expansion and this upcoming one. :/
I'll get Conquest of Paradise, but I doubt I'll get this one and the other latest one.

Will there be a complete edition of some sort when all expansions are released?

Res publica = Cosa pública = public thing
That's a literal translation. The Latin idiomatic translation is "The State" which is synonymous with "The Re(s)public(a)". Because this DLC focuses on governance, I think the idiomatic expression is more apt. It's a bit like Bellum gerunt - "Wage/Make war" literal: "Carry out war", Orbis terrarum - "The World" literal: "Circle of lands/earth", Navis longa - "Man-of-War" literal: "Long Ship".

Many phrases are idiomatic to specific languages and differ in their translations. That's why mastering a language is hard. It's not just a matter of learning conjugations, declensions, semantics, syntax, or vocabulary, it's also learning unique idiomatic expressions like the above.

Last edited:
Did you know that CoP, WoN and American Dream DLC are still partly broken :)
But thankfully there are skilled modders around that make EU IV fun to play by fixing bugs and balancing the game. No need to buy broken DLCs really.

Internal managment? At least in some basic form? The thing I've been dreaming about? I...just..Could it mean that things would finally start working between us, EU IV? Sorry I just need a moment for myself....*quietly cries*

I look forward to the prospect, but I dread the introduction of more arbitrary point systems. So yeah... ambivalent.

In this thread: people with join dates of 2010+ bemoan the death of the good old Paradox. :)

I'll be looking forward for this DLC. I do hope though that it will add internal management not only to re(s)publics, but also to other types of government. Sitting out AE and OE after a war is kinda boring. And there is almost no short-time politics to speak of in between wars.

"All new" government type? You bring back one from a previous game and try to pass that off as "all new"?

I just realized that for "normal" countries, National Focus will not change the game drastically, but it will make playing as Ming easier, because instead of +3 base value in each monarch powers, as Ming you will give National Focus to monarch power that you need for your faction.

And here is question for devs: Did you thought about it? Will you balance Ming so that National Focus won't give them advantage? Or were you making National Focus with nations like Ming in mind?

Anyone knows the difference between DLC and Mini-Expansion?? Thank you.

They are all DLC, i.e. downloadable. An expansion or mini-expansion is a DLC that adds substantial content (more or less) to the game, like a good-old expansion.

Back to the topic, if I have to pay for the Russian King to become Tsar, that would really suck.

In this thread: people with join dates of 2010+ bemoan the death of the good old Paradox. :)

As do those with pre-2004 join dates :p; although I applaud Paradox's business acumen, I would have liked them to tidy up the extremely loose ends in CK2 and address some of the issues in EU IV before announcing yet another DLC.

They are all DLC, i.e. downloadable. An expansion or mini-expansion is a DLC that adds substantial content (more or less) to the game, like a good-old expansion.

Back to the topic, if I have to pay for the Russian King to become Tsar, that would really suck.
The Duch Republic and Elective Monarchy are both in the game regardless of the DLC, the DLC only gives them unique features, so if they were to give Russia a unique government in a DLC, it would probably be in the base game, just without the "unique" part.

Will Crusader Kings II countries with Feudal Elective succession be converted as elective monarchies? Please tell me Indian cultures convert to something besides no_culture at least :(