• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sesqui

Captain
25 Badges
Feb 13, 2005
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Is Paradox Launcher not supposed to have my Paradox Steam games? I try to add a game I already have bought and it invites me to buy it again!

Or have I merely insufficiently linked my Paradox account and Steam accounts so that the Paradox Launcher doesn't know about the Steam games?

You must have run the launcher from the desktop shortcut or Paradox launcher.exe, which is a standalone mode for users who do not want to run Steam. It does need a separate game installation if used that way. However of the games under your name here, none were ever ported to that platform.

You'll need to run them from the PLAY button in your Steam Library instead.

All the best!

I seem to be having the same problem. I have bought most Paradox games on Steam years ago and Imperator from a Key selling website. They all work on Steam but i thought i would start using the Paradox Launcher, i guess out of loyalty to Paradox.
The only game that shows up in it is Stellaris, which i dont even currently have installed.
My Paradox account says i have linked to Steam.
I dont know if it makes a difference but the games im most interested in getting to work on the PDX launcher are HoI4, EU4 and Star trek Infinite.

the games im most interested in getting to work on the PDX launcher are HoI4, EU4 and Star trek Infinite.
The same answer as I gave above applies to all of those games - none of them were ever ported to the standalone launcher platform. You must play them from Steam.

While Stellaris shows there still, it is no longer supported on that platform, so only older versions and DLCs show there.

The only one that ought to show there that you mention is I:R. Note sure why it is not showing for you, but it really don't matter, play them all from Steam I'd suggest.

First of all, thanks for the quick response!

When you say that the game was not ported you mean that its a thing PDX has to do that i have no influence in? Where i buy the game has no influence on this?

Either way if PDX isnt interested in moving their player base over then im not sure what the purpose of the PDX launcher existing is. Will it be used mostly for future releases such as EU5?

It was intended for folks who wanted to buy their games from our store, but did not want to run Steam. I don't know the details but I'd guess that turned out to be a very very small number, so most of our dev teams decided not to do that, or to undo that.

It could only ever run games bought from the OPdx store, nowhere else. Games bought from Steam,WEpic, GoG or MS/Gamespass must be run from those vendor's clients.

And yes, it needed a separate build, as those versions obviously could not use Steam MP servers or achievements, for instance.