• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nosferatu

Captain
Jan 3, 2008
Hello folks!
I think I stumbled upon some nasty bug. I can't excommunicate or revoke excomminication as a papal controller. I know about prestige of the Pope and that it should be higher than the piety of the target. I simply CAN'T! I just can't push the button. What can be done about it to fix it?

P.S. I don't want to use some cheat codes like this folks are offering here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/revoke-excommunication-problem.329260/

Thanks to Mr. Aardvark Belay I installed the latest 2.1 beta and now the game is like a charm. I had several crashes per two or three hours of gameplay before installation of a last beta and yesterday I played for more than SIX hours and had no crashes at all (Windows 10 x64). Economic map now is really useful and the AI is really tough guy now. I played the latest scenario (1336) as Kingdom of Castille ruled by a Burgundian dynasty with the aggressive AI and Hard difficulty and MAN that was quite an ordeal. Those Marinids were a militant warmongers and that was quite a deal to win this war. It looks like AI is analyzing your behaviour and watch closely as who is you marshal, how old is he, how loyal he is, do you wage any wars and with whom, how old is you ruler, is he is sick and etc. What a kick! Everybody who are saying that this game is easy try the latest beta and increase the difficulty. Then you will see how awesome this game can actually be. A LOT of thanks to all of this game developers and especially HUGE gratitude to all of the folks that made this patches.
So I am pretty sure that the glitch with papal controller is gone also. But you know what. I noticed the other glitch. I call it "the dead bishops glitch". I meant that you can appoint a dead person (his portray is greyed out) as a bishop sometimes and he is not even dying because he is immortal and nobody wants to chop off his head :) Can I fix it somehow?