• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seris

Corporal
19 Badges
Dec 14, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
When playing multiplayer with my wife in the past, we rarely suffer out-of-synch errors, but since the latest updates/dlcs (tours & tournaments), we usually get out-of-synched between year 882-903 AD. When we reload, we immediately get out-of-synch again to the point where we simply cannot continue playing multiplayer.

If region of the map matters, we tried playing in Mongolia and then Russia and are suffering the same issue.

We tried lowering the file transfer speed to 'low', and it has not resolved the issue.

Game version: 1.9.0.3

I have verified the game files.

I have disabled all mods.

I am running the latest game update.

Steps to reproduce: every time we load the saved game, boom, desynch, but if we host a brand new game, it isn't an issue until 882 AD+.

Platform: Windows

Attachments

• out-of-synch spam.png
    out-of-synch spam.png
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions:
Me and my friend are having the same issue.
Same steps to reproduce, same attempts at fixes.

One solution is to save the game, launch it in singleplayer, run an in-game week or so, then open it for online again and let people rejoin.
This actually worked for me as a workaround for now, until hopefully it gets fixed in the future.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Some preliminary testing indicates that the desync spam might not be an issue in the 1066 start. Those of you that have suffered from this debilitating bug, have you tried playing in 1066?

When an error is reported, the path will be displayed, located XXXXXXXXX\Crusader Kings III\oos
Here are four separate errors. I probably have enough 50 of them though. Apparently, I can't attach the folder, so I am simply attaching what is in the oos folder.

Attachments

• debug_1.log
    189,7 KB · Views: 0
  • dedicated_server_1.log
    972 bytes · Views: 0
  • error_1.log
    76,9 KB · Views: 0
  • game_1.log
    58,7 KB · Views: 0
  • message_1.log
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
  • multiplayer_1.log
    321,1 KB · Views: 0
  • oos_metadata_1.txt
    177 bytes · Views: 0
  • system_1.log
    873 bytes · Views: 0
  • debug_1.log
    371,8 KB · Views: 0
  • dedicated_server_1.log
    7,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error_1.log
    550,4 KB · Views: 0
  • game_1.log
    62,7 KB · Views: 0
  • message_1.log
    69,3 KB · Views: 0
  • multiplayer_1.log
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • oos_metadata_1.txt
    185 bytes · Views: 0
  • system_1.log
  • debug_1.log
    917,2 KB · Views: 0
  • dedicated_server_1.log
    2 KB · Views: 0
  • error_1.log
    744,4 KB · Views: 0
  • game_1.log
    69,4 KB · Views: 0
  • message_1.log
    220,3 KB · Views: 0
  • multiplayer_1.log
    560,1 KB · Views: 0
  • oos_metadata_1.txt
  • system_1.log
    872 bytes · Views: 0
  • debug_1.log
    275,4 KB · Views: 0
  • dedicated_server_1.log
    4,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error_1.log
    305,1 KB · Views: 0
  • game_1.log
    60,6 KB · Views: 0
  • message_1.log
    24,1 KB · Views: 0
  • multiplayer_1.log
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • oos_metadata_1.txt
  • system_1.log
I made one of those topics that was skipped by the bug collectors, also tried everything from file transfer speed, to running a game to no avail. Always happens around 30-40 years in on 3 different saves.

Same was happening last time major DLC rolled out and had to wait for a fix, so sadly I guess we're waiting for a fix :(

• 2Like
Reactions:
Same issue here. As of 05/23/2023, games run smoothly for a few years time until it starts breaking down with desyncing. Managed to extend the playability by having all players not interact for a month after restarting the game, but that only worked for a year or two, after which the desync hell resurfaced. This new update is so much fun in multiplayer so I hope they fix it quickly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm also having the desync issue. Playing with just 1 other person I can sometimes play for maybe a year before the desync issue happens and keeps persisting. With more than that it happens straight away just within in the first week of in-game time. Re-joining and re-hosting don't fix this. So it is quite literally unplayable.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi we found a work around to the constant desyncs by using a VPN it seems to stabalise the game, so we went from constant desync to none. I am not sure why it works but it does there are plenty of free ones out there.

My roomate and I also have this issue. Every... Single... Time... we attempt a multiplayer game that we are both in, we desynch. We have always played Crusader Kings together. Since the early, wild, wild west days of Crusader Kings 2. This massive issue that has become constant after the Tours and Tournaments update has made CK3 entirely unplayable for us. I love the content in Tours and Tournaments, but cannot recommend it to anyone since it has killed the main way that I play the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: