• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

McGlu

Sergeant
130 Badges
Dec 13, 2006
  • The Kings Crusade
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
I pre-ordered through Gamersgate. I stayed up late last night at home to check out the game. I made it through the tutorials.

So, now I'm at work and want to actually play the game for the first time.

When I run the installer and it asks for my serial and email. I enter them and hit Next. I get a dialog that says the serial number is already registered.

Is there really only a single install allowed? How do I get past this and actually install and play the game on a different computer?

(So sick of DRM. Wish I had bought from Steam now.)

Last edited:
Well, my lunch hour is almost over. Still no answer. :(

You'd think on a launch day, someone would be monitoring this forum and answering questions in a timely manner.

Hi all,
you should be able to install the game several times with the same activation key if you're using the same e-mail. Please contact Stardock support if this is not possible in you're case. You can even retrieve the key to your e-mail to make sure you have typed the same e-mail in the first registration.
http://www.stardock.com/support/

Juho / Nitro Games

I ordered from Gamersgate. What should I do in my case?

EDIT: Nm, I sent an email to Gamersgate support.

My new sig...
DRM IS A PAIN FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Last edited:
I just tried to install the patch and get the message that the 'serial number is already registered'.. well, yeah.. in the game I'm trying to patch!!

I really hope you can install this on more than one machine too....:mad:

Ok, this is really odd. But, even though I ordered from Gamersgate, Stardock does indeed have my registration information. But, it only sends me the info for Pirate Bay, not the base game.

Looks like Nitro and Paradox are using Impulse's Reactor DRM.

Still trying to figure out what's going on. Only thing I can think of is that maybe I mistyped my email for the base game installation.

Anyway, others with this issue might want to try the Stardock site.

http://www.stardock.com/support/

Hi all,
indeed the most logical reason for problems with using the product-key with patching or re-installing is that you have actually typed the e-mail wrong in the first time (since it installs ok, even if you type it wrong).
It doesn't matter where you bought the game (other than Steam), you can still contact the Stardock support and hopefully it will sort out.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Juho / Nitro Games

If I typed my email address incorrectly then I have to take responsibility for that, but there's a reason most 'forms' ask for the email twice.. to prevent exactly this happening.

It would help if the email address used to register were stored in a .cfg file or some sort.. that way it could be checked. Anyway, I've emailed Stardock support - even though I purchased from GG.. very confusing but there u go.

Still haven't heard back from Stardock, so I assume they do not provide support over the weekend.

Just a request to the Paradox folks... change your release day schedule to Tuesday in the States, just like every other company of here. Releasing on a Friday leaves a lot of new purchasers with no tech support over the weekend that they want to play your game.