one click advantages (e.g. volantile land clearance)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OleAlex

Private
45 Badges
Jun 10, 2020
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Hey,

I really really find advantages you get when you do one or two clicks, then do plenty of other clicks because of the first click and then unclick the first click immediately afterwards, super stressful. :-D

My example here would be the volatile land clearance edict. You pause the game, clickediclick the edict and then remove blockers to get the discount and obviously you unlick the the edict again immediately.

Every time I do that I feel dirty, but I can not unsee it.

Wouldn´t it be possible to give clearing blockers a cost per month? Then the edict would make more sense.

Pretty sure there are more examples which I can't think of right now.
______

Besides that the game got better in that regard, I remember employing all administrators before taking a tech to get the discount. That drove me crazy.

The change feels like a low hanging fruit to me.

Reactions:
You never lose access to the market. If you've ever seen a mote you can buy a mote. That said, yeah, this is the best option:

Literally just happened with gas in a game:

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 1.19.48 PM.png

- Had gas and motes jobs
- Lost gas worker to Odd Factory event
- Gas edict in effect, got warning for impending shortage situation
- Checked market
- NO GAS FOR YOU

So I moved a worker over from another colony and next month I expect to have gas income again, and with income I'll be able to buy from the market again.

Unfortunately, the game isn't as forgiving as your imagination. ;)

Make it a new category of edict and shift all the special resource ones in there. Gas as fuel? Cost 0, 0 upkeep, all undocked ships gain gas upkeep. Living Metal for Megastructures? Cost 0, 0 upkeep, if your megastructure is upgrading between stages then it gains living metal upkeep. Nanite Actuators? Cost 0, 0 upkeep, all researchers gain nanites as an upkeep cost.

Might need to give it a very minor token upkeep of like 0.1 per month to make all the situations and auto turn off kick in but that's not a real issue.

Honestly don't see any need to move it from being an un-edict-y Edict into being an un-policy-y Policy, but if the functionality is preserved then I don't really care where it sits.

- Checkbox because clicking twice and then an extra confirm click is annoying for a decision that I expect to reverse several times.
- List them all together and not as separate unfurl elements, I don't need to click the dropdown opener and then click a radio button.

If it's as easy to use as Edicts, then I would have no objection to wherever it sits.

But I don't want to add clicks just for someone's ideological satisfaction, especially since the "new" ideology seems like an equally bad fit as compared to the current one.

Function is the most important thing here. It looks like your ideological move would reduce function (turning them into multi-click Policies instead of one-click Edicts). Make it one-click Policies and I'm on board.

Literally just happened with gas in a game:

View attachment 1132136

- Had gas and motes jobs
- Lost gas worker to Odd Factory event
- Gas edict in effect, got warning for impending shortage situation
- Checked market
- NO GAS FOR YOU

So I moved a worker over from another colony and next month I expect to have gas income again, and with income I'll be able to buy from the market again.

Unfortunately, the game isn't as forgiving as your imagination. ;)
...huh, weird. It's not supposed to do that. File a bug report?
Honestly don't see any need to move it from being an un-edict-y Edict into being an un-policy-y Policy
Neither do I. I think you must have misread a word because I was agreeing with you!

• 1Like
Reactions: