• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Italian ambition is miniaturized Occupy Paris.
I wonder which countries can get it. At least AUS, FRA, CAS, POR.
Any independent Christian nation with French-group, Iberian-group, or Austrian primary culture that owns at least ten provinces total, but no provinces in the Italian Region. (Austria will almost never get it unless some strange things have happened, because Trent is in the Italian Region and there's also the Our Claims In Northern Italy national mission.)

England/Burgundy has incredible starting missions, Castille has one excellent, but France has some roadblocks. You have to cancel a few of them or accept the slow route of diploannexing.
You don't have to cancel them; you can just deliberately fail them.

How about that one event which gives you free cores in just about every neighbour you have?
Claims On Our Rivals? It only gives you cores on your rivals who you share a border with you. (For example, a Holland that has colonized half of America can't get cores on Friesland and Utrecht that way, because they aren't credible rivals any more; a Holland that still consists of Holland, Zeeland, and maybe the Canarias can.)

Good ideas in this thread so far.

I don't have much to add other than a desire to see a lot less of "Create an Army/Navy for Our Nation" and "Build X Manufactory in Y Province." We all know that mid- to late-game, when your forcelimits exceed 500, that maxing out your forcelimits would bankrupt your country. Maybe not so much with navies, but definitely so with armies. And I'm tired of being tasked with building manufactories in relatively poor provinces that border my most common enemies. This is especially annoying when you still have at least a dozen vassals and are hoping for the "Incorporate X Vassal into Our Country" mission, but only get the forcelimits and manufactory missions.

And I'm tired of being tasked with building manufactories in relatively poor provinces that border my most common enemies. This is especially annoying when you still have at least a dozen vassals and are hoping for the "Incorporate X Vassal into Our Country" mission, but only get the forcelimits and manufactory missions.

The problem here is that missions granting cores are always "the best". Would you care as much if those incorporate missions just gave you back the stab hit you took doing so, or some other reward not related to cores? Unequal rewards are the issue with the current mission set-up much moreso than any other flaw. Not surprising since many missions give the same rewards as they did in EU 3 while others have been updated over the years to give better rewards. For example: the manufactory missions weren't so terrible when that 4 star leader was fairly uncommon but with easy 5/6 star due to cultural tradition it's another story.

The problem here is that missions granting cores are always "the best". Would you care as much if those incorporate missions just gave you back the stab hit you took doing so, or some other reward not related to cores? Unequal rewards are the issue with the current mission set-up much moreso than any other flaw. Not surprising since many missions give the same rewards as they did in EU 3 while others have been updated over the years to give better rewards. For example: the manufactory missions weren't so terrible when that 4 star leader was fairly uncommon but with easy 5/6 star due to cultural tradition it's another story.

Actually, I'd be chill with offsetting my stability loss, especially after I've got a few dozen provinces under my belt. The core is awesome, a stab recovery is still pretty good. Manufactory missions are a bit ridiculous, though; spend 1000+ ducats, get a level 4 adviser. Even a level 6 adviser isn't worth the reward, and it takes a pretty long time for that manufactory to make up for its short term loss.

The random mission system now is so unflexible and partly broken as you can not direct in which direction you want to expand and if you cancel one you can end up with impossible missions for five plus years. I wish the developers improve the mission system, if not in EU3, I hope in EU4. Multiple mission options could be one way to less frustration.