• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Garbon

Sultan d'Afrique
75 Badges
Feb 1, 2002
www.crystalempiregames.com
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Deus Vult
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Hey I thought I'd start a thread about this as the community seems to be better at tracking all of the issues cropping with use of AGCEEP and the 1.3 patch.

So yeah please post whatever issues you've encountered and/or fixes you've used. I'll compile everything and put together for next version of AGCEEP. :)

Bugs:
1. MUN is listed in religions_special as a country that cannot enter into royal marriages in vanilla FTG, as it represents the Prince-Bishopric of Münster there...But in AGCEEP, MUN is the Duchy of Berg, who should be able to enter into royal marriages.

2. Religion just gets weird in 1.3 in general
- Christian countries can enter into royal marriages with pretty much anyone except Sunni Muslims
- No religions other than the Christian ones seem to work exactly as they should. For instance, Shiite Muslim states like the Safavid Empire no longer seems to have a problem with their Sunni cousins at all.
- Religion names for most religions (all except Christian religions+Sunni) just show up as random 1-3 letter strings of characters

Issues that could be considered bugs:
3. Not sure why, but the AI seems to act more sluggish in general, colonizing incredibly slowly and far fewer provinces than I am used to from 1.2

4. Said AI sluggishness also seems to apply to wars. They seem unable to concentrate on more than maybe 1-2 provinces at once, and they seem unwilling to actually try to gain any of the provinces they occupy, even if they clearly have more than enough warscore to get at least one province. This could be because the warscore cost of provinces are higher in 1.3. (Magdeburg only costs about 12% warscore in 1.2, but now it costs somewhere between 30% and 45%!?)

I didn't think much of this at first, but I recently reverted to 1.2 and was shocked to see how much better the AI seemed to play. Could just be a coincidence, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Bugs:
1. MUN is listed in religions_special as a country that cannot enter into royal marriages in vanilla FTG, as it represents the Prince-Bishopric of Münster there...But in AGCEEP, MUN is the Duchy of Berg, who should be able to enter into royal marriages.

2. Religion just gets weird in 1.3 in general
- Christian countries can enter into royal marriages with pretty much anyone except Sunni Muslims
- No religions other than the Christian ones seem to work exactly as they should. For instance, Shiite Muslim states like the Safavid Empire no longer seems to have a problem with their Sunni cousins at all.
- Religion names for most religions (all except Christian religions+Sunni) just show up as random 1-3 letter strings of characters
This is fixable by using the religion.txt file from 1.2 vanilla in the relevant AGCEEP folder, see the thread about the latest 1.3 patch. Other than that the game seems to play quite well