• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GShock

Colonel
34 Badges
Aug 16, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines
I think some of the reports done by players has with titles has something to do with this that's happening here.

Short recap: Playing as Shimazu, blown off clan Kikuchi from the map and took the Kuni of Higo for me.
The old leader is about to die, so I give part of the kokunji to his named heir and 1 to his brother, 1 to another guy (who fought valiantly in this campaign) and the final one I give to the heir's child (my grandson), 2 yr old only.

Now... I gave the daimyo of Higo to the heir as well. Then the leader dies.

His older son becomes new leader For some strange reason, I find myself as Clan Leader but no longer the Daimyo of Satsuma. Furthenmore, the province I gave to my grandson, Aso... when I click on it he appears as the kokunji but in that page I (the father and clan leader) appear as HIS HEIR while actually HE is my heir (he's the only son, the other 3 kids all girls). :)

Of course, I can't give me back the title of Daimyo of Satsuma but it looks like my Grandchild can interact with me eventually using a few diplomatic options. At the beginning he was Kokujin though the territory still appeared in my demeasne.

So, finally, I have got no idea on how the Satsuma Daimyo title was lost. I searched in the Vassals and none of them has it but I can't give it to anyone nor I hold it for myself (presumably asking politely to my kokunji in Satsuma to give it back I'd have 3/4 of the Kuni in direct control).

You know... when I hit the Clan icon, my grandson still appears as my heir but as of the Kokunji title, I am his heir... that's odd to say the least.

I'm posting this here because I have no idea whether this is a bug or not, what's sure is that it's totally confusing. Might be an interface problem or some good feature I don't know about... so I'm not jumping at what happened but I can't understand...

Gamesave here

I think u need all the kori in a region to be Daimyo. If u gave 1 or more kori away u lose the Daimyo title. Its happened to me a few times. I get the pop up im Daimyo of a clan i just defeated but lose it when i give it to vassels due to not being able to control more than 5 kori at a time without loads of rebellions. I havent had the heir problem yet. But thats due to hardly ever having an heir anyway. The kids usually die before their 5 or i only have girls. Ive had to abandon 10 games after 10yrs due to everyone except my leader dying on me. The game is more or less Shogun total war minus the battle screens. But shogun is more complex than sengoku. I find sengoku has got hardly any micro management at all. I havent even used half the funtions. Dont see any reason to use them. All i use is masters to build things, army to raise units, and the leader to get married or give kori to vassels or nominate an heir if i have 1. Thats it. I havent even bothered to open any of the other screens.

I conquered all Kuchico clan but I never gave the title of Daimyo of Satsuma to anyone.
Satsuma itself has me as owner of Kata and Kagoshima, and theres 2 more kuni with 2 different Kokunji both of which were untouched.

I certainly am puzzled to see my son is my liege and I am his heir in Aso.... stiill I find NO WAY to give me the title of Daimyo of Satsuma, unless I revoke 2 lands from 2 different Kokunji which his honor-suicidal.

It's definitely something to work on... or, at least, to explain.

If an only son dies while the father yet lives, the father inherits, and is thus the heir to the son. That's not a bug.

I'm not sure what happens if a daimyo dies without holding all the territories in that kuni. Quite possible the title is lost until the kuni is fully captured.

GS I'm not sure what you are talking about with the Daimyo title. I loaded up your savegame and the Shimazu leader has the Daimyo title, which he inherited by being the oldest son of the previous holder (the dead clan leader). Maybe the game had just not updated this information at first? As far as I know the Daimyo title always passes to his closest living male relative, which is usually the eldest son (like the Kokujin titles do/would do without the Kokujin heir bug) as it is with your save. Clan leaders, however, are elected. To give someone the title of Daimyo they need to hold at least one kori of the kuni. You and your vassals must hold the entire kuni for you to gain it in the first place. You don't need the entire kuni personally.

Zelos is right, there is no bug. Your heir will be your closest living relative - no sons or brothers so it's your father. By the way you won't see this on reload as the kokujin heir bug with mean your son has no heir (and his titles will pass to a random someone from his court if he dies). We're waiting on a patch to fix this.

The father and clanleader appears to be the heir of his own son for the title of Kokunji of Aso.
Meanwhile, I suppose I can't give the title of Daimyo of Satsuma to my Clanleader (because I can't interact with myself). Still, I do NOT see anywhere the text that says I am the Daimyo of Satsuma. That's the problem (oddity or misunderstanding).

Being the heir of your own son isn't that unusual; if you're his closest relative (obviously he won't have any children at age 2), it makes perfect sense that should he die, you'd inherit his titles. Of course, he is your heir as well, since he's your eldest son. Nothing weird about any of that.

Not sure about the rest though...

It's obvious since the child only has sisters that his father is ALSO his only heir in case he dies.
However, that doesn't explain the fact that the title of DAIMYO OF SATSUMA has totally disappeared. I don't have it, it doesn't appear... and none of my characters (either in court or vassals) have that title either. That's the problem.

Since I wasn't sure about this being a bug I thought it better to ask about it here but if it's true there's a problem when the game is loaded (known bug) it's obvious you can't see it but the problem is there, trust me.
I am more worried about the "no honor lost when exposed in a plot" by an NPC. That's very serious but I was unable to reproduce it yet (perhaps now I am learning I play better and so my vassals don't plot against me anymore). If you manage to do that, add your report to my thread in the bugs forum pls.