Now it is freezing... intermittently

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stanthony

Recruit
10 Badges
May 13, 2024
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
I am not sure what happened. I have been playing this game for months. Yeah I had the problem where it bogs down at around 350K people. Suddenly it has been intermittently freezing about every 10 seconds or so. The freeze is a hiccup but it is annoying as hell. I have removed all mods. uninstalled and reinstalled game twice. lowered the graphic. updated every driver I could find. but it still persists. I have an 10th gen i7 with 32 gb of ram. AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. I have do idea what changed but the game is unplayable now. Suggestions?

Friend, I have only 76 thousand inhabitants in my city, and the game is already running at a speed of 0.3 - 0.5 of its normal. I'm watching the city in slow motion. Plus stuttering. At the same time, I have a 12th generation 12600K processor with 5.1Ghz 32G of RAM and 3080 GTX video. You're a very lucky person if you just have a stutter, not a jelly in the game..

I am not sure what happened. I have been playing this game for months. Yeah I had the problem where it bogs down at around 350K people. Suddenly it has been intermittently freezing about every 10 seconds or so. The freeze is a hiccup but it is annoying as hell. I have removed all mods. uninstalled and reinstalled game twice. lowered the graphic. updated every driver I could find. but it still persists. I have an 10th gen i7 with 32 gb of ram. AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. I have do idea what changed but the game is unplayable now. Suggestions?

I have a city with a fairly large pop that doesn't freeze and one with <100 pop that does.
The main difference between them (aside from the obvious pop) is infrastructure.

One city is a normal play though, with a fairly large population, its still going well performing as expected in CS2 (ok, not amazing).
The other is a road network covering most tiles, with connected power, water and a few schools and utility buildings, a recreation of a local town to me. No zoning yet (apart from a v. small square), since I wanted to map out the roads. There's regular freezes and poor performance versus the normal play through, so I abandoned it.

so I abandoned it.

All right. The more complex the network of roads and pathfinding for all Sims and vehicles, the higher the CPU load. Large houses and a minimum of roads reduce the load. I'm trying to build a beautiful and lively city with lots of footpaths and interchanges to unlock the tansport and make the road more convenient. It practically killed my computer's performance.