• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blinckx

Second Lieutenant
53 Badges
Feb 4, 2016
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
Hello I need some suggestion to understand and set-up my Merchant Norse Republic

I own the following titles :
Empire of Scandinavia -
King of Sweden -
High Chief of Uppland ( with the 4 holding )
Fylkirate

Succession is Gravel kind at the moment.

I'm planning to take the Gotland titular title and make it primary

So what will happen next ? The new doge what title is going to acquire on succession ? It will be better if i acquire a third duchy level title or another kingdom title too ?
And in my own dynasty, what will happen with Seniority ? I manage to have two bloodline in my dynasty but is better to wait until everyone in my dynasty have those bloodlines in order to don't lost it in the succession line ? And there is no way to change the succession lay ?

Thanks ! :)

Where do you want the MR capital? If you want it on Gotland, you need to move it there before leaving tribalism. I assume Uppsala is your current capital? Hold on to it, make it your personal power base, not the power base of the empire. also, high chiefdom of Uppsala will be a problem. Even if you move capital to gotland and create that duchy. Think you will need to hand it out to someone, as you can't simply delete it.

You won't be able to change the succession - law once you are MR. You will be stuck to Seniority with "Designated Heir" minor title if you so wish.

Where do you want the MR capital? If you want it on Gotland, you need to move it there before leaving tribalism. I assume Uppsala is your current capital? Hold on to it, make it your personal power base, not the power base of the empire. also, high chiefdom of Uppsala will be a problem. Even if you move capital to gotland and create that duchy. Think you will need to hand it out to someone, as you can't simply delete it.

You won't be able to change the succession - law once you are MR. You will be stuck to Seniority with "Designated Heir" minor title if you so wish.

Yes i'm planning to set the capital on Gotland and make
Uppland is my main ( and i want to keep it as main ) country and base so that's my problem, if i make Gotland as primary title, if i lose the doge election, which title i'm going to lost ? For what i have read only the title associate with the MR so, empire-kingdom and Gotland should go with the MR, while i keep Uppland duchy, that's correct ?

I dont like merchant norse republics... you can plunder entire europe money is last thing you need :S
I prefer khazakh merchant republics :p simply settle whenever you want(after you done conquering) and become republic

norse empires are better as feudal since you can plunder europe and use money to devolp scandinavia :)

Yes i'm planning to set the capital on Gotland and make
Uppland is my main ( and i want to keep it as main ) country and base so that's my problem, if i make Gotland as primary title, if i lose the doge election, which title i'm going to lost ? For what i have read only the title associate with the MR so, empire-kingdom and Gotland should go with the MR, while i keep Uppland duchy, that's correct ?

Yes and only the capital holding of Gotland would be lost so if you build two cities in Gotland, you will keep control of the second one while the new doge gets the one that is the county capital.

What I like to do is build a second city and upgrade the second city because you don’t have to worry about losing it (or if you’ve already invested money into the first city build a second city and make that one the capital so your upgraded city stays in your control).

If you have capital on Gotland and the gotland duchy, there is a bug that might happen on a lost succession(think biggest risk is first succession), that Uppland is still the first duchy in your list. you can see this after you have become MR, which duchy is first in the list. if it is Uppland, it will cause problem and you likely needs to delete it and recreate it. if you dont, there is a risk you will loose it all in a lost succession. A won succession might solve it but not certain.

if it´s correctly setup, a lost succession should give another patrician Capital city of Gotland, duchy of Gotland, Kingdom of Sweden and Empire of Scandinavia. If succession states something else, it´s wrongly setup.