• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Glad to see this is still up and running :)

The Tengri and the Vedics appear to have made significant religious inroads into Persia, and Islam seems to be on the ropes. This world is certainly evolving in interesting directions; I wonder how much things will change in the next hundred years?

Yeah, they did well.:) To me, the rise of Catholicism in Muslim Middle East is just as amazing though!

Glad to see this is still up and running :)

The Tengri and the Vedics appear to have made significant religious inroads into Persia, and Islam seems to be on the ropes. This world is certainly evolving in interesting directions; I wonder how much things will change in the next hundred years?
Yeah, Golden Horde and Ilkhanate never converted and Islam is in dire straits. Ingame I've come to 1401. We'll see where I end the tale though.:)

Wow. Almost done already! Well done Nikolai! :D I see why you wanted me to post.

'Tis come far, haven't it.:) I thought you'd like the Catholic resurgence.;)

Congratulations on reaching Scandinavia to such extend!!

If you are still wondering about the conversion, I somewhat recently extended my campaign to EU IV when I finished to 1453, in summary:
  • it takes you back to 1444, so if you are thinking about reaching the end year, it wont happen
  • if you have low crown authority, there will be vassal-states on the map(Tartaria had quite a few vassals which in time it diplo-annexed)
  • technology group might be random and depends on your current technology of the holdings e.g. Danmark was Muslim tech and I had to manually change, while the Ilkhanate was Western..
  • ruler ages might be a bit flawed, however your current ruler and heir will be carried on
Those are the main issues that I can remember. I hope to see your campaign into EUIV, where the power balance will swift drastically and blood alliances will no longer matter! :)

Thanks Crimson. I did a test conversion from 1400 today. All realms keep intact except the HRE. There's few revolvers, unfortunately. Changing 1444 to 1400 was a simple text change, and it doesn't seem to make any problems. Famous last words though. ;) I'm not sure it'll be fun though, but we'll see. :)

The AAR have now reached 20k+ views. I'd like to thank all readAARs and lurkAARs for your continued support and reading!:) It's much appriciated(especially if you leave a comment :p ).

Reactions:
Actually, sad news Brormartin, even though I myself would love to see more of this as well, having just read it all in the last few hours. With the new expansion, I believe his save may be gone, unless he punted it back before the latest patches.

This is an interesting timeline, and your style has fascinated me significantly, especially what's happened outside the rest of the Nordic Empire you've built. I'm actually now contemplating making my own AAR with a style much like this, though perhaps with a bit more of a narrative style (borrowed slightly from an old favorite of mine, Age of Empires 2.)

I look forward to either more of this specific CK2 part of the timeline, or a continuation in EUIV

I'm happy to have inspired you Josun! :) I haven't played more for a while now, RL keeps me busy, but I have played 2-3 years into the 1400s, so in worst case scenario I'll wrap it up there. I might do that anyways, due to the speed issues I've got lately.:)

I'm happy to have inspired you Josun! :) I haven't played more for a while now, RL keeps me busy, but I have played 2-3 years into the 1400s, so in worst case scenario I'll wrap it up there. I might do that anyways, due to the speed issues I've got lately.:)

Huzzah for continuation! And are you still planning on porting it over to EUIV, or do you intend to do a new game as someone else?

And yeah, the timeline in general has inspired me, but mostly its the history book style. The few times I've tried doing AAR's, my main problem has been figuring out a way to write it out I'll enjoy. I think combining this sort of History Book Style with a Narrative vignette's from Age of Empires 2 will make for a good read. Especially because I'll be doing it based on the Uighurs :D

Well, I did a conversion just to see how it would end up. I'm not convinced it will be making for a good story though. First and foremost I will focus on ending this AAR well, then we'll see. :)

So I don't remember you writing an AAR. I've just started reading it properly (I started before but I think I was distracted).

It's been a while... But I would like to see this AAR ended. It's very admirably written.

Thanks B.:) It's been a hectic year, I ended up meeting this gorgeous girl and marrying her, and then studies intensified, and we fell into poorer economic times, so I have to work more. I have my notes and save all the way to 1403 or so though, and I promise I will finish this at one point. Right now I don't have the time and energy though.

Well, we'll all still be here when your life allows you to continue writing. :)

Thanks! :D