• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As more Clans or Bloodlines are made playable through future DLCs… the more successful and assured Bloodlines 2 will become.

On that basis alone, I can’t wait for this premise to unfold for us all. : )

• 2Like
Reactions:
Are we talking about Bloodlines 2, or tabletop? o_O
Bcs as for Bloodlines ... i just wanted well done Gangrel.

BUT!
If they really want to dream big, and a little wild ... my personal prefference (after enough DLCs as it seems) would be: Custom bloodline.

Just give me all the powers, all the disciplines ... and let me mix them however i want. >:]
That would be wild!

Presence, Obfuscate
Kinda odd combination isnt it? :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Kinda odd combination isnt it? :D
It's actually a really good combination! Bloodlines 1 was a really poor representation of Obfuscate. In tabletop, Obfuscate is used for deceiving people in general. You can use it to turn invisible, yeah, but you can also use it to disguise yourself as a completely different person. You could then combine your disguise with presence to deceive all kinds of people into believing all kinds of things.

Reactions:
Malk. Everything else you basically can get somewhere (especially if they are just done like D&D classes, which I can play in D&D), but having a protagonist like that is borderline unique in PC gaming, so ...

• 3Like
Reactions:
If they really want to dream big, and a little wild ... my personal prefference (after enough DLCs as it seems) would be: Custom bloodline.
This seems mutually exclusive with the idea of giving each clan significantly different content, which is far more important. If you can create your own bloodline, there's no way for them to know what makes narrative sense for you. I would rather they not implement custom bloodlines and instead stick the landing on each official one instead by providing deep narrative support for them all.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This seems mutually exclusive with the idea of giving each clan significantly different content
Depends on implementation, of wich we have no solid clue so far ...

But if you read opinions people have around here on Bloodlines 1 ... most of them seems to think that there was no difference between clans except for Nosferatu and Malkavian (just FYI personaly i disagree with this opinion) ...
So ... if the implementation would be on simmmilar depth, i would bet that most people around here wouldnt mind ... maybe even notice.

I would rather they not implement custom bloodlines and instead stick the landing on each official one instead by providing deep narrative support for them all.
Fair ...
After all, i can allways just mod it. :p :3

This seems mutually exclusive with the idea of giving each clan significantly different content, which is far more important. If you can create your own bloodline, there's no way for them to know what makes narrative sense for you. I would rather they not implement custom bloodlines and instead stick the landing on each official one instead by providing deep narrative support for them all.
Agreed.

Each Clan having their own Marks of Distinction, both visually and in game mechanics is of paramount importance to achieve what TCR is after, a feel of… authenticity, ages old / signature ownership of one’s condition / gifts / curse.

The more defined and… hard-edged / unique onto itself the Clans, the more the storytelling prowess of TCR can come to the fore and weave a narrative-rich gaming tapestry for us all. The they will have to work with moving forward… in DLC and incorporating other elements, not just additional Clans. : )

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Lasombra & Tzimisce

• 3Like
Reactions:
The Ministry would be pretty cool. The clan of corruptors. Presence, Obfuscate, Protean.

Ministry have also been "remade" in V5 and they have featured prominently in the official stream shows as well. But Im not sure they suit the kind of person that Phyre is..

As to the answer:
- Lasombra
- Toreador
- Tzimisce
- Gangrel

Personally I dont think each clan needs to have completely unique combat, as long as their interactions with NPCs as a whole are unique.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Personally I dont think each clan needs to have completely unique combat, as long as their interactions with NPCs as a whole are unique.
This. I don't play Bloodlines for the combat. Interactions with NPCs and the world in general, different approaches to quests should be the focus, IMHO.

• 1Like
Reactions:
All of them. Every single one except the Baali whom I find to be a redundant addition to the game.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It seems to me that unfortunately clan-choice seems very much like a fixed "class choice" this time around. If Brujah for example always get that "berserk" boost on feeding, presumably it really only makes sense to play them as a close-combat, well, berserker, of sorts. Well, the clan introductions already sounded a lot like that already, but I guess we'll see some more details if more is revealed soon.