• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gamebori

Recruit
60 Badges
Sep 29, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
I hired a court physician. I got a pop-up that my son was ill and could only select "don't bother me". I checked and my court physician was gone without any notification. I hired a new one, but I could not find a way for him to treat my son. My (only) son (and heir) died (2 years into an iron man game).

Why did I not get notified that my court physician disappeared?
How do I make the (new) court physician treat my son?

This is, unfortunately, a rather large oversight in the game that's been present through many patches and therefore might never be corrected.
  • AI characters only ask the court physician for treatment at the start of the illness. (If the illness lasts for a long time, they will probably die because they won't go for a second treatment. If there is no court physician at the start of the illness, they will never be treated and will probably die.)
  • It is not possible to manually ask the court physician to treat one of your courtiers. (Although this probably isn't the best solution to the previous problem, because it would lead to a lot of micro. Maybe a decision to treat all untreated courtiers? Or auto treatment of all untreated courtiers after a new physician is hired?)
---

If you want to be notified when your physician dies, there is no direct notification (except maybe if you spend grace on a chinese physician?), but there is a workaround:
  • Mark the "recruit court physician" intrigue menu decision as "important". (Click the little button next to the decision.)
  • When the physician dies, the decision becomes available, and you'll get an alert at the top of your screen.
  • Notes:
    • Depending on your in-game situation, it may be better to generate 10 random holy men and pick the best, instead of taking the physician decision.
    • This workaround only works if you tightly control your list of important decisions - ie. it doesn't work if you routinely ignore the alert because it's alerting you for decisions you don't care about.
    • This workaround won't work if the physician dies very shortly after you take the decision. (Because the decision is only available once per 2 years.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is one way to make your physician treat AI characters: You can sway characters with Holy Fury DLC. You can get an option to treat swayed characters. I think you have to ask the character if he is doing alright or something similar.

Reactions: