• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say that CO has the same communication skills as PDX. Where did you get that part? If you can, please quote where I said so.
The point I have been making all along is that before communication skills ever come into the equation, you first have to be willing to talk to the customer, honestly and sincerely. Skill comes AFTER that. PDX is not good at communicating purely because of ability. It's their willingness to talk even when things get tough. They rarely beat around the bush and usually talk fairly openly to us.
They just had to push back the release to a Vicky 3 DLC. They came to us and openly stated they're pushing the date back, gave us the reasons why, and after people had further questions, they addressed those as well. From what I saw, the reaction was overwhelmingly along the lines of "thank you for telling us, take the time needed to polish it". Could not be any more different to how CO communicated with us, and the reception they got as a result.

None if this requires some crazy skill or ability. It does however require will.
So now you're changing your story yet again.

Yes. Communication absolutely IS a skill.

No. Not all organizations have the same ability to communicate effectively.

And no. This particular line of discussion has nothing at all to do with the point I was originally even making to begin with.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.