• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the game becomes increasingly incapable to reflect reality the later into the cold war it goes. I say Bizon should focus on making really good scenarios in the 50s and early 60s instead of making a mod about something the game is not really able to handle

I think once a couple of thread's pages I say that broadening the mod's timeline past 1964 is probably one of my least favourite ideas for the mod :) I suppose there are a couple of other ideas I could have, like taking care of the AI (if I ever managed to improve AI to the point of waging historical AND interesting war in the Pacific I'd consider myself a hero) or doing some nifty app for grabbing interesting data from savegames. If I ever take on AI seriously, there'll surely be some app for this also ;)

But we'll white and sea ;) Things may change when I end up all the basic mod's features. If someone offers help with filling up databases for late 1960s-1970 that would be a difficult thing to refuse.

I think the biggest issue is that as time passes and conventional wars no longer occur, so any conflicts are impossible to manipulate under the current map. Most conflicts are no longer globular. Rhodesian War? Well, that's a whole two provinces. Vietnam, the second longest war in U.S. history? Well, that's a whole handful. The Ogadan War? Well, Somalia is one province, haha.

Bizon, let us know if you would like to implement new units/brigades types for your mod.

If you mean if I'll be designing any custom unit models for the mod, then no, I didn't ever plan to tinker with unit/brigade models. I suppose there could be a place of such things (better representation of helicopters?) but considering amount of other things to be done, it's currently out of scope.

Now when there are changes to the used models in DH Full I'll surely go through my scenarios to make sure that they are compatible with the original scenarios.

Yep I meant Cold war specific types. I asked because right now you can use new types called "d_01...d_99" but we could create new types with their proper names in the engine (for instance "helicopters") if you needed so. If you don't, it's fine. Just let me know if you need this someday (it's just cosmetic).

I think the biggest issue is that as time passes and conventional wars no longer occur, so any conflicts are impossible to manipulate under the current map. Most conflicts are no longer globular. Rhodesian War? Well, that's a whole two provinces. Vietnam, the second longest war in U.S. history? Well, that's a whole handful. The Ogadan War? Well, Somalia is one province, haha.

that would be great for a new map, but i'm not sure Bizon has the time to make one and redo all the IDs in the events(WW1/2 inc) because there are loads of events and AI changes to juggle ;).

Speaking of which, how are the events coming Bizon? (I'm asking because I've considered working on Japan for you, they seem abit sidelined considering they're supposed to be on the way to being the worlds second largesteconomy by the 1980s and still have Yamamoto as a tech team although he died before the end of the war:L)

Last edited:
Vietnam and stuff would be a lot better as battle scenarios than anything on the global map. Scale simply doesn't fit the normal DH>

Ive never seen the Vietnam war officially, But i have seen the North Declare war on the South. Just make sure the AI aggression isn't on coward or something to low. Put it around normal or higher.

that would be great for a new map, but i'm not sure Bizon has the time to make one and redo all the IDs in the events(WW1/2 inc) because there are loads of events and AI changes to juggle ;).

Speaking of which, how are the events coming Bizon? (I'm asking because I've considered working on Japan for you, they seem abit sidelined considering they're supposed to be on the way to being the worlds second largesteconomy by the 1980s and still have Yamamoto as a tech team although he died before the end of the war:L)

Ya Yamamoto was killed in 1943, Ive also noticed that.

Ok it is 1951 and I am playing as the Soviet Union. The communists won in China but the weird thing is is that Mao Zedong is the HoG of nationalist china which is a left-wing radical. Also Nothing has happened between North Korea and South Korea. Can this be because I am allied with North Korea? Also India and Pakistan never declared independence.

Enjoying the mod, took a bit of work to update my HOI2/AOD events for DH's new map, but I do have a question:

In misc.txt (in the db folder):

Code:
# If Blue Prints can be sold to non-allied countries. 0 = No, 1 = Yes (player could offer BP), 2 = Yes (player could offer and ask for BPs) 	0 #0
	1 #0

Seems to have an extra number (this is also true of DH full). Does anyone know if this is intentional or just a random oversight (because it seems like each number in economy = { } will be off by one from that point on.

Ok it is 1951 and I am playing as the Soviet Union. The communists won in China but the weird thing is is that Mao Zedong is the HoG of nationalist china which is a left-wing radical. Also Nothing has happened between North Korea and South Korea. Can this be because I am allied with North Korea? Also India and Pakistan never declared independence.
There is an event before the civil war starts that allows Nationalist China to form a unity government, with Mao as HoG and Chiang as HoS. Usually the AI doesn't pick this option, but it seems like it did in yours, but the civil war went off as planned anyway, except that the awoken Mao minister wasn't slept again. Bug probably, although why other Nat. Chinese minister change events didn't affect it I don't know.

Enjoying the mod, took a bit of work to update my HOI2/AOD events for DH's new map, but I do have a question:

In misc.txt (in the db folder):

Code:
# If Blue Prints can be sold to non-allied countries. 0 = No, 1 = Yes (player could offer BP), 2 = Yes (player could offer and ask for BPs) 	0 #0
	1 #0

Seems to have an extra number (this is also true of DH full). Does anyone know if this is intentional or just a random oversight (because it seems like each number in economy = { } will be off by one from that point on.

NWO2 doesnt' modify misc.txt but in my DH Full file (and in the instance you copied) the "0 #0" part is in the same line as the preceding text. The first hash specifies this line as a comment so it's not read at all and it doesn't matter if there are any hashes further right. Only "1 #0" from the bottom line is interpreted by the game. Probably an oversight, I guess.

About 3 years after the end of the civil war communist and nationalist china both had change of governments and Mao and Chang both came to power

As a note, getting correct ministers (by events and especially through scenario inc files) is something the mod is not perfect in. Namely, sometimes ministers are not read at all (there's a blank photo with no description) or some incorrect guys appear. It's one issue I openly declare as not working as designed but don't know what to do. But as a couple of such problems already taught me it's better not to frantically try to solve it here and now, a solution will surely appear sooner or later.