• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YEah not that it added much beyond the color scheme anyway. Mayby thats why its missing, they are gonna readd the new badges and avatars lol. Cuz previously it didnt add anything new beyond the color scheme Ah well. I'd REALLY like for them to fix the inside shadow bug >.> Thats annoying while playing Liir....

I'm still wondering where this whole "Immersion" thing comes in. How are different portraits and icons supposed to make it more "immersive"? I would expect (especially since these are purchasable products) that there would be more content or significance to them - such as a modified research tree or ship design formats reflecting maybe different sub-factions.

No, they stated way in the begining that the immersion packs simply added more visual customization, alt skins for ships, new badges and avatars and such, and new entries and lore for the Sotspedia as well. No actual gamechanging content. Its nice to have more choice in selecting your badge and Avatar and such. Adds just a lil more flavour to the game. The Alt skins are pretty neat too. But not everyone can be thrilled by that I suppose, I for one like it >.>

It's nice fluff, Dracon, but hardly worth charging for. My critique was not that the extras were pointless, but that the term "Immersion" was less than accurate. A slightly different portrait or badge does not "immerse" the player into the game any better than the current ones. The music, perhaps... I'll hold judgment on that. But having sub-factions with slightly modified ship designs, research trees, and stories about those sub-factions (such as are seen in the loading screens,which strangely flash by too quickly to read - the one load that goes quicker than desired), that would make it more "immersive", imo.

It's nice fluff, Dracon, but hardly worth charging for. My critique was not that the extras were pointless, but that the term "Immersion" was less than accurate. A slightly different portrait or badge does not "immerse" the player into the game any better than the current ones. The music, perhaps... I'll hold judgment on that. But having sub-factions with slightly modified ship designs, research trees, and stories about those sub-factions (such as are seen in the loading screens,which strangely flash by too quickly to read - the one load that goes quicker than desired), that would make it more "immersive", imo.

extra SOTSpedia entries, as well as the fact that they represent specific factions; they aren't random redesigns. For example, the Morrigi Immersion represents The Harpies, the renegade female warriors.

there were mentions of new voice acting, too.