• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So i logged in with the expectation to agree to these terms, my paradox forums are getting a bit ''different''

Now don't get me wrong I like most of them, but these 3 are much.

• Do not comment on moderation decisions publicly.
like right now on this thread? i think if people have a concern they should have the right to discuss it. is that correct?
  • Do not necropost, recreate closed threads.
Well if a thread is locked and they have something relevant to add and they cant necropost (use an existing thread) so that means they'd have to recreate the thread, hard to see why that's an issue. If necro posting is not allowed for whatever reason why have the option to post on it in the first place. right?

• Do not call for boycotts and create petitions.
Thats a direct impeachment of free speech, isnt it? had to be posed as questions to not break any new rules right?
All three of these rules have been in effect for many years, so they are nothing new.

It is of course allowed to discuss and ask questions about the new rules in this thread. What is not allowed is to in a different thread complain about getting banned, or saying "moderator x did this" etc. If you have concerns about moderation you can always PM a mod or an admin about it (these are examples, it is not limited to this).

Necro-posting is generally to avoid people coming into an old thread posting about a bug that was fixed several months ago. If you have an issue, it's better to create a new thread if you can't find any current threads about it. And if a thread was closed or deleted due to breaking the rules, it is not allowed to recreate it.

And no, that's not a direct impeachment of free speech.

All three of these rules have been in effect for many years, so they are nothing new.

It is of course allowed to discuss and ask questions about the new rules in this thread. What is not allowed is to in a different thread complain about getting banned, or saying "moderator x did this" etc. If you have concerns about moderation you can always PM a mod or an admin about it (these are examples, it is not limited to this).

Necro-posting is generally to avoid people coming into an old thread posting about a bug that was fixed several months ago. If you have an issue, it's better to create a new thread if you can't find any current threads about it. And if a thread was closed or deleted due to breaking the rules, it is not allowed to recreate it.

And no, that's not a direct impeachment of free speech.

Thank you for the clarification Debbie i'd be more than happy for that to be clarified in the CoC I seem to have missed it.
Oh i must of misunderstood that A boycott is an act of nonviolent, voluntary abstention legal under common law and is not a prohibited act, thanks again for answering my questions.

Reactions:
Oh i must of misunderstood that A boycott is an act of nonviolent, voluntary abstention legal under common law and is not a prohibited act, thanks again for answering my questions.
yes, you misunderstood. free speech does not mean 'people have to listen to me.'

Reactions:
yes, you misunderstood. free speech does not mean 'people have to listen to me.'
By definition free speech is the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint, anything else that you assume I meant was a simple misunderstanding on your part .

Reactions:
Why is communism not banned at paradoxplaza? Does Paradox symphatize with communism and the russian, chinese and north korean regimes?
I won't buy anything from Paradox on Steam or paradoxplaza until this is satisfyingly answered.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Why is communism not banned at paradoxplaza? Does Paradox symphatize with communism and the russian, chinese and north korean regimes?
I won't buy anything from Paradox on Steam or paradoxplaza until this is satisfyingly answered.

As I've already stated in this thread:

This is not a comprehensive list and it often comes down to context.

In our experience, while historically many symbols can be seen as oppressive, some trigger negative behavior in our communities more often than others. We want to be strict with the ones we've identified as those triggering symbols, and leave ourselves room for moderating others. Suffice to say, no glorification of historical oppression will be allowed in our communities.

Might I suggest that while in the main I am relaxed about the CoC (I will PM separately on two isolated observations), I am concerned that I have seen this mentioned nowhere else in the forums. It would appear that you are relying on people coming over to this area and reading this thread. I happened, on a quiet Sunday morning, to be browsing this area as I had time to spare.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse etc, but an authority who doesn't take all reasonable measures to advertise revised measures and (particularly) sanctions is not going to get the consistent compliance that they seek. Could this not be mentioned in the game areas, AARland, OT Forums etc?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Might I suggest that while in the main I am relaxed about the CoC (I will PM separately on two isolated observations), I am concerned that I have seen this mentioned nowhere else in the forums. It would appear that you are relying on people coming over to this area and reading this thread. I happened, on a quiet Sunday morning, to be browsing this area as I had time to spare.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse etc, but an authority who doesn't take all reasonable measures to advertise revised measures and (particularly) sanctions is not going to get the consistent compliance that they seek. Could this not be mentioned in the game areas, AARland, OT Forums etc?
In fairness, they have a large banner at the top of the forum for some time reminding people to read the new CoC.

Reactions:

they took the forum offline and the forum forced me to read it when i logged back in. isn't that what happened to everyone?

• 1Like
Reactions:
they took the forum offline and the forum forced me to read it when i logged back in. isn't that what happened to everyone?

Not for me, which is why I worried that there had been little publicity.

Reactions:
Yeah there should be a banner at the top that every user needs to click that they accept the new CCoC, we also featured it on one of the tiles when it came out, and it's at the bottom of the page under "Community Code of Conduct".

I fully understand that (and also why) necro-posting in threads with past discussions or fixed bugs is unwanted (unnessesary heating of old discussions, outright confusion) and therefore not allowed in the CoC. However both the exact wording ( "Where possible, please avoid posting in threads that are reasonably old (6+ months) as they are likely to be outdated and/or irrelevant, especially when reporting a bug."), the technical ability to necro-post at all and a situation I find myself often into raise a question for me:

Is it under certain circumstances allowed to post in old thread? If yes, is the exception already included in the condition that says that the thread has to be "outdated or irrelevant" to "qualify" as necro-posting?

The personal reason why I'm asking is the following situation I'm running into from time to time: I report a bug, say for version 1.1 of the game (including a save). The bug report then gets no visible reaction from QA or developers - what may not necessarily implies that it hasn't been noticed (I could image the devs are too busy or it has been simply forgotten to bug-label it), but I can't rule out on the other hand that it slipped through between many others bug reports... But I don't not bump my thread (against forum rules and I understand why...). So time passes...patch 1.2 comes out, my bug is still there. Patch 1.3 comes, still there. Now I'm starting to ask myself...should I/can I provide a fresh example of my bug with savegame started with version 1.3? And if that is ok/helpful...how to do it best? Can/should I use my old post (which is or could be technically necro-posting, in case 6 months have passed) or is it better to start a new, 2nd thread (eventually linking to the first thread inside)? I feel uncomfortable with the second variant as well, as that maybe could be technically seen as spamming(?)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to explain the rules here to me, as it is really something that I over and over struggle with and I really would like to act correct in the formentioned situation :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
I fully understand that (and also why) necro-posting in threads with past discussions or fixed bugs is unwanted (unnessesary heating of old discussions, outright confusion) and therefore not allowed in the CoC. However both the exact wording ( "Where possible, please avoid posting in threads that are reasonably old (6+ months) as they are likely to be outdated and/or irrelevant, especially when reporting a bug."), the technical ability to necro-post at all and a situation I find myself often into raise a question for me:

Is it under certain circumstances allowed to post in old thread? If yes, is the exception already included in the condition that says that the thread has to be "outdated or irrelevant" to "qualify" as necro-posting?

The personal reason why I'm asking is the following situation I'm running into from time to time: I report a bug, say for version 1.1 of the game (including a save). The bug report then gets no visible reaction from QA or developers - what may not necessarily implies that it hasn't been noticed (I could image the devs are too busy or it has been simply forgotten to bug-label it), but I can't rule out on the other hand that it slipped through between many others bug reports... But I don't not bump my thread (against forum rules and I understand why...). So time passes...patch 1.2 comes out, my bug is still there. Patch 1.3 comes, still there. Now I'm starting to ask myself...should I/can I provide a fresh example of my bug with savegame started with version 1.3? And if that is ok/helpful...how to do it best? Can/should I use my old post (which is or could be technically necro-posting, in case 6 months have passed) or is it better to start a new, 2nd thread (eventually linking to the first thread inside)? I feel uncomfortable with the second variant as well, as that maybe could be technically seen as spamming(?)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to explain the rules here to me, as it is really something that I over and over struggle with and I really would like to act correct in the formentioned situation :)
Good point. Maybe there should be an exception for bug reports unless they have been marked as fixed/closed?

Reactions:
Reactions:
i think it's named after baseball
I'm not into baseball, so I believe you if you say that there is such a system as well - but my instant association was the Californian law, too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not into baseball, so I believe you if you say that there is such a system as well - but my instant association was the Californian law, too.
The law is named after the baseball term.

Reactions:
better to start a new, 2nd thread (eventually linking to the first thread inside)
This one.

Mind, I'm no moderator or something and have no actual authority in that regard, however this was usually the answer given whenever your question in one form or another arose.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Hi!

It's always going to come down to context, nothing is ever completely clear-cut. That's why the rules are worded the way that they are. No-one should be banned just for necro-ing a thread, sometimes that happens. It mainly becomes an issue if it happens repeatedly. As for your example, I would recommend that IF it's gone several months and patches, so your original post is no longer relevant, I would make a new bug report (but feel free to mention that the bug has been seen in the earlier patches).

Just curious:

Who looks at America's Three Strikes justice system, and decides it's a good idea? By all means, have a system where if you break the rules 3 times you get banned, but naming a rule after a system where someone is spending their entire life in prison for stealing a doughnut is a bit too much imo.

It has nothing to do with the American justice system.