• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good luck with Poland. You shouldn't have much trouble, Polands armies are mostly 1918 divisions. :p

=¤=The Polish Campaign=¤=

(Part One)

The Initial Assault on Poland Went well. The Airwar in particular was succesfull. After a few sorties by the polish airforce on the first and second day. The skies have been ruled by the Luftwaffe.
The German Luftwaffe reign supreme and delivers their deadly payloads where ever, whenever.

Fase 1.

(Forward)

Fase 2.

(Closing the pocket)

Fase 3.

(The death of a HQ)

Fase 4.

(the II. Panzer corps pulls off a tactical withdrawel action)

Fase 5.

I. And II. Panzer Korps have been given orders to cross the Warsaw river and establish a Brigdehead, for the Heavy Army Groups assult on Warsaw.

II. Panzer Korps Continues the German advance in order so divide the Polish army in two. And deny the Polish Army the use of their internal lines.

=¤= Airwar over Europe¤=

The UK and France have been attacking the Reich with Strategic, Tactical and Naval Bombers. The German Luftwaffe have succesfully beaten of most of the attacks. a few bombing raids went through and some factories where hit. On a strategic level the German Luftwaffe is more than capable of fending off the intruders.

(Airwar over Bremen)

It came as a surprise to the German Highcommand that the allies sent so many Fighters and bombers to the Polish front as they did. Since their flight across german and landing behind the polish lines they have only sortied a few times and every time the luftwaffe came out on top.

Most peculiar of all event so far was the airbattle that took place in Kattegat between the Luftwaffe and Some Iraqi planes.
One astonished German fighter pilot said after the dogfight:"Iraqies are we even at war with them".

kenneththegreat said:
You know that those areas will be given to the Soviet Union if you signed the Molotov-Ribbentorp Pact?

Yes, its just tactical. But thanks for reminding me :)

Spitfire_Pilot said:
Good luck with Poland. You shouldn't have much trouble, Polands armies are mostly 1918 divisions. :p

:D

therev said:
Just caught up

Great AAR - I like the style - I am enjoying your "grey"-wash of Europe!

Thx.

Damn Iraqis.... :D

In my Siberia AAR, there has been a Swedish division in Vladivostok since 1936. :wacko:

Nice AAR though. I hope you're able to take on the USSR. :)

Nice... Poland is almost done. :D

Now, could I ask you something? Please put the dates on the screenshots. This way we can follow your conquest timeline better. ;)

Iraqi ..now why would they fighting Germany, let alone in Europe :rofl:
Good update though. On to the low countries !!!

hell no... create scandinavia... unless you want a winter campaign in france... i hear paris is very pretty that time of year... ;)

=¤=The Polish Campaign=¤=

(Part two)

The Defence of Warsaw is pathetic. Two demoralised polish Inf. Divsions holds out for half a day against the onslaught of the German Heavy Army Group. Lead by General Mainstein.

With the fall of Warsaw the German army digs in, to defend against any polish counterattacks, and waits for the promised Soviet annexation of Eastern Poland.

The Molotov-Ribbentorp pacts political implications echoes across Central and Eastern Europe.

The Fall of Poland comes as a blessing to the Western Garrsions troops that fights a desperate battle against the French Army.

Earth's Savior said:
Damn Iraqis.... :D

In my Siberia AAR, there has been a Swedish division in Vladivostok since 1936. :wacko:

Nice AAR though. I hope you're able to take on the USSR. :)

Thx. I have my doubts about winning agaisnt the USSR. My army is so small :confused:

Anibal said:
Nice... Poland is almost done. :D

Now, could I ask you something? Please put the dates on the screenshots. This way we can follow your conquest timeline better. ;)

Will do.

Spitfire_Pilot said:
Iraqi ..now why would they fighting Germany, let alone in Europe :rofl:
Good update though. On to the low countries !!!

The General staff has a plan up its sleeve.

PB-DK said:
hell no... create scandinavia... unless you want a winter campaign in france... i hear paris is very pretty that time of year... ;)

No marines no paras, yet so no Scandinavia untill Spring.

=¤=The German Luftwaffe=¤=

(Retaliation)

Three new airwings have been crated in North Western Germany. Alot of industrial capacity have gone into this project.

Time, ressources and money that the army could have benefitted more from. At least thats what most people in the German political system says, late in the night when they have had a drink or two too much.

=¤LOKE¤=

A navalbomber divsion for defending the Baltic.

=¤ODIN¤=

A Strategic Bomber division. For use against the United Kingdom.

=¤THOR¤=

Another Strategic Bomber division. For use against the United Kingdom.

=¤= Naval War =¤=

(or why we stay in harbour)

The German navy had been largely passive during the period of war. They had succesfully sunk the polish fleet. Which consisted of 1. destroyer Flotilla and and submarine fleet.

The German Navy wanted to impress the political system and sent out their 3 submarine fleets in a combined group under the leadership of Rear Admiral Dönitz.

Dönitzs orders where to sail along the Norwegian Coastline. Cross over to Iceland and once there, head south and start raiding the shipping in the North Atlantic.

Everything whent according to plan untill the Fleet arrived in the South Greenland Sea. A Commenwealth naval bomber squardron found the Submarines and started bombing doing little damage. Dönitz decided that it must have been pure luck that the Commenwealth bombers found them and continued on course towards the North Atlantic, and its wide open spaces with empty skies.

Two days later the the german submarine fleet where in the middle of a furious naval battle against 55 commenwealth Ships including 4 aircraft carriers. Defeat was instant!

defeat8sf.png

Harrased by Naval bombers the demoralised and decimated Submarines fled back to the safety of German territorial waters.

(phew)

The mood in the German navy is bleak and depressed.​

Last edited:
=¤=The War in Asia=¤=

The Japanese continue to wage war against the Chinese people, making little progess. The German military is worried about the many japanese troops that end up in pockets created by the chinese army.

(Another pocket)

The Japanese goverment seems a bit unstable there have been another putsch in the Goverment, a good development though.

Finally some succes. Shanghai is occupied by the Japanese army. Excellent and our spies in Tokio report that there is much excitement in the Japanese warcabinet about some documents.

The situation along the chinese frontline on Jan 1. 1940

Last edited:
=¤=Scandinavia In Flames=¤=

(Part One)

After The German conquest of Poland an uneasy peace decends over Europe. Only the airbattles raging high in the skies over the Franco-German border and over the North sea reveals that Europe is at war. Allied and German bombers take turn retaliating against each others Industrial centers. Thousands of civilans die in the bombings.

The war widens. On the 14. of November 1939. the Finnish national radio announces that an ultimatum has been delivered to the Finnish goverment, from the USSR. The Ultimatum is rejected.

The Leaders in Moscow responds by declaring war on Finland.

German military intelligence estimate a 10-1 ration in the USSRs favor. Germany starts shipping supplies to the Finns.

The Frontline on Nov 14. 1939.

The German had secretly hoped that the Swedes would come to the aid of the Finns. Unfortunately Sweden remained neutral. But did supply the Finns with some equipment.

Frontline on Dec 14 1939 after 1 month of fighting. Can the finns halt the soviet human wave?

=¤=1940=¤=

(A Geopolitical Survey)

European Theater.

Asian Theater.

Armies of the World.

Airforces of the World.

airforces405yo.png

Navies of the World.

German Tech Report.

The German High Command is still troubled by the small German Army.

The German Navy is to valuable to spent on convoy hunting and the production of Submarines is pityfull.

The Airforce is acceptable in size and performence. A crash building program of interceptors is being considered. As the Commenwealth airforce on one occasion reigned supreme over Germany for one week as the german Airforce regrouped and rested.​

Last edited: