• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Randarkmaan

Sergeant
100 Badges
Jun 23, 2009
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
So me and a friend are playing an MP game, starting in 1081, and noticed that having started in 1081, the HRE has just been way too blobby and stable (not a single civil war in all that time for instance), so we figured we'd try to tweak a couple of things about them.

So currently we have removed the ridiculous +20 vassal limit the law gives (currently allows them to hold all of Germany, the Western Balkans, Occitania, Eastern Spain and Algeria while still being 10 below vassal limit), and cut back on the vassal opinion modifier.

Furthermore I'd like to tweak the AI voting weights to make the current Emperor's children favored to succeed (that's largely how it worked in real life), this would assure alot more younger Emperors, with worse traits and even minorities, which would not be good for realm stability. The realm will then largely fall back on the elective principle if the Emperor has no sons (due to the gender bias weighting) or if a number of the electors really dislike the Emperor.

Anyway, it's been a while since I modded CK2 and I've gotten rusty. And while I've found the file to edit "01_succession_voting_specials.txt", but I don't think I've managed to successfully edit the laws, I figured my scope is wrong. What I want is for the current Emperor's children (preferably his dynastic heir) to be favored by electors.

Here is what I've tried, which appears to be wrong. As I've said I'm rusty at this, and especially how the scopes work. If anyone would just quickly correct this so it accomplishes what I want I'd be real happy.

Code:
additive_modifier = { #The title tends to pass to one of the ruler's children
            value = 40
            localisation_key = tooltip_feudal_elector_vote_dynastic_heir
            FROMFROM = {
                holder_scope = {
                    is_parent_of = FROM
                }
                NOT = {
                    is_rival = FROM #Unless is rival.
                }
            }
        }

Last edited:
i was not even aware that princely electige gives +20 vassal limit. how and where have you removed it?

you could add high bonus to people who are children to make children more likely to get the votes, but then adult children of ruler would not get it. i think that children of non emperors cant get elected unless they have claim and not landed parents

maybe you could add trait that emperor and its children get (maybe by event) that adds likelihood of getting votes

i was not even aware that princely electige gives +20 vassal limit. how and where have you removed it?

you could add high bonus to people who are children to make children more likely to get the votes, but then adult children of ruler would not get it.

maybe you could add trait that emperor and its children get (maybe by event) that adds likelihood of getting votes

It's in "succession_laws.txt".

You're kind of suggesting a complicated way of doing this, simply put I don't think doing what I want is difficult, it's just that I can't quite make sense of the scopes at the moment to give an election bonus to the current Emperor's children (be they adults or children), giving all children extra consideration wouldn't make much sense. Ideally only the Emperor's dynastic heir (the oldest son in most cases) would be given extra preference.

It's just that at the moment I can't quite figure out how to do that.