• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tinyiroferret

Recruit
Mar 13, 2024
So long story short I was playing the game then my laptop crashed and now my game just doesn't work. To give y'all a better idea on what happened after my laptop rebooted and I made sure everything was alright with it, I tried to get back in the game but there's no sound and it's showing a black screen behind the dm. If I click on game saves all of my saves are gone (cant even start a new one if I wanted to) and it switches to xbox controls? (once this happens It doesn't even register my mouse clicks anymore as well) this isn't the only place it does this, if I click on setting is does the switch to xbox controls and just doesn't respond to anything period.

as for trying to fix it on steams side I do what I normally do verify game integrity to see if its missing anything, and or uninstall/reinstall but nether work

if pictures are needed i have screenshots

So, I was able to "fix it" but at the cost of losing all my progress :/ that also goes for the new game+
For those that are wondering I had to delete everything connected to the game off of my laptop and I mean everything beside uninstalling it on Steam, Steam then properly did a verify integrity and that seemed to fix it.