• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A bit of a conundrum there, I admit. However, taking out the attack subs and the land based aircrafts is probably a necessary part of such an attack.

Any successful attack on the bastion would certainly give Russia an extremely strong incentive to launch their nukes before all the SSBNs had been taken out. It would be a strategic disaster to go for it. Still, tactically, a very exciting battle.

A very exciting battle indeed!

I wouldn't underestimate the russians on their home turf. And even if a sub slipped past their defences, there is only so much damage it can do before the russians would be alerted and scramble ASW heli's and destroyers.

I know, of course 1 Astute isn't going to sink all shipping inside the Bastion. :) 4-5 Astutes though :p that could be funny. Combined with a full carrier strike as soon as the enemy tries to launch ASW assets from land bases....

Of course in real life this wouldn't work in all probability because the Russians would just go nuclear... well that said by 2030 there is no reason that the Type 45 won't have Aster 30 Block 2 with an almost full ABMD capability installed. Looking at the specs it's not just got space for 16 extra silos. It has the theoretical space for an extra 24 A70/Mk41 silos as well as having it's existing 48 silos lengthened to A70/Mk 41 length.

Anyone know what type of us anti ship missiles will be available in this game
Harpoons, obviously (AGM, RGM and UGM), and probably some version of the new under-development Long Range Anti-Ship Missile. We may also include the new Tomahawk with anti-ship capabilities, though it is primarily an anti-land weapon.

We'll also include the Norwegian Joint Strike Missile, developed for F-35s. It is the only anti-ship missile I know of that the '35s can carry in their weapon bays, preserving speed and stealth.

As a follow-up question, what missiles will the PAK FA carry and which ones can be carried internally?

As a follow-up question, what missiles will the PAK FA carry and which ones can be carried internally?
Not much is known about it, is it? It doesn't seem like Russia has an anti-ship missile that can be carried in the internal bays yet. Correct me if I am wrong. I assume it will be able to carry BrahMos on external pylons, though.

I take it you are including BrahMos? It will be interesting to test the western designs of sea skimming stealthier missiles against the supersonic cruise missiles used by the eastern countries.

I know I would prefer it is the Royal Navy and RAF changed to either NSM (JSM) or BrahMos but I can never decide which. NSM's later versions will be pretty beastly by all accounts though with Land and Ship attack, passive sensors for greater stealth and a very decent range to it.

EDIT:

Another couple of questions, will you attempt to allow missiles with a 2 way datalink interface to be able to take mid course updates. Ie if a sensor ghost is inaccurate allow the player to redirect the missile to a more accurate update on the targets position?

Will you attempt to allow the 2 way datalink missiles to have waypoints set for engagements to try and confuse the opponent.

Will you allow bearing only launch with weapons that can handle that?

Last edited:
We'll include the BrahMos, obviously. Supersonic missiles really make a big difference, judging by our testing. You have much less time to shoot them down, basically.

We may have some weapons allowing mid-course targeting. Not decided yet, but it would be an interesting concept. For one, the first missiles actually can form forward scouts for your attack, getting a fix on all your targets, and then you can retarget the rest of them.

We'll include the BrahMos, obviously. Supersonic missiles really make a big difference, judging by our testing. You have much less time to shoot them down, basically.

We may have some weapons allowing mid-course targeting. Not decided yet, but it would be an interesting concept. For one, the first missiles actually can form forward scouts for your attack, getting a fix on all your targets, and then you can retarget the rest of them.

To your first point this is very true, but then I can't help but wonder if the likes of the NSM/JSM will be a very dangerous missile. With inbuilt stealth technology, sea skimming and land skimming capability as well as passive sensors it is going to be very hard to detect. Even it's lower speed (and thus lower IR emissions) will make it harder to detect. With a 2 way data link and long range it could easily follow multiple way points etc. If you only detect a wave NSM/JSM 20 miles out then even at Mach 0.6 instead of Mach 1.5-2.0 you are in real trouble.

It will definitely be interesting to see which is the better option. I think that super sonic missiles will be easier to use at first but once a player gains experience and knowledge in stealthy sea skimming missiles the opponent could be in real trouble.

I do hope the T26/T45 make the move to NSM/JSM, especially as it is the only ASuW missile that fits in the F35's launch bays and thus works well with the commonality of spare parts and industry factory lines etc. Sub Harpoon won't be on the Astute class either.

EDIT;

With the number of 2 way data link missiles increasing dramatically if you can implement this in some way in the game I think it would be the right move. It would also certainly give you a huge advantage and attraction to the Fleet command players who have no way to do this in their game.

Is the JAS Gripen fighter going to be included? I fear it might be a little too insignificant, but having them in the game would give me an epic nerdgasm.

Not much is known about it, is it? It doesn't seem like Russia has an anti-ship missile that can be carried in the internal bays yet. Correct me if I am wrong. I assume it will be able to carry BrahMos on external pylons, though.

The airborne version of the SS-N-25 Switchblade (Kh-35UE) fits into the PAK FAs internal bay and is very similar to the Harpoon (its subsonic, can be carried internally etc) so it could be a nice counter. Of course the BrahMos is way more dangerous but, as you say, it will have to be carried externally.

http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/512/563/

Link doesnt tell to much (researching on the Russian Navy on open sources drives you mad sometimes:p) but i hope it gives you a picture.