• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cmon people, if you're to troll this thread, at least pay the tax of naval images for your bad behavior.

800px-USS_Pennsylvania_%28SSBN-735%29.jpg

I watched a nice documentary today on Planete about subs, especially USS Pennsylvania and the highlight of it (besides Tridents of course) was a test launch of a torpedo that remains plugged to the sub via an optic fibre cord and can be guided this way onto the target. Sadly I can't find that part of the programme online, but I can find you some images of the thing: Mk-48.

Mk_48_torpedo_maintenance_1982.JPEG

Here's how being hugged by one of those looks like:

tn_Mk48-8.jpg

Funny thing is, US Navy has got those patented:

http://patents.com/us-6411565.html

Oh and since we're still in Royal Wedding mode, Brits use Spearfish instead:

14.jpg

A group of englishmen, on a boat with a pirate flag! That is a very rare picture indeed! ;) I don't want to be seen as a troll, so I won't post any more Malvinas related material :)

ARA 25 de Mayo (british built, truth must be said), from a time when my country had naval aspirations.
15-25%20de%20Mayo-2.jpg

(The) Argentinian battleships, 1926.
RivadaviayMoreno-Mod1926x10.jpg

@delra: that is cold war tech.
take a look at something the 212A class will get:
diehl42.jpg

it is like the russian skwall a Supercavitation torpedo but the german one is more the 400 km/h fast and it can change direction so that it is able to destroy other Supercavitation torpedos aimed at the own boat.

A group of englishmen, on a boat with a pirate flag! That is a very rare picture indeed! ;) I don't want to be seen as a troll, so I won't post any more Malvinas related material :)

Actually it is not a rare picture at all. Some elements of the British Navy saw submarines as a dishounourable borderline terrorist tool and there was issued an order that any enemy submarine crew that was captured would be tried as pirates. So the commanders of some British submarines took upon that notion and started to raise a Jolly Roger every time they came back from a successful patrol in which they sank the enemy. It became a tradition that spread to other countries later.

Oh and here is a pic of steregushchiy class frigate.
steregushchiy.jpg

A group of englishmen, on a boat with a pirate flag!

You mean British, not English. The Submarine was even heading back to its Scottish base, Faslane.

Britain is a country composed of the regions England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (just like Argentina is composed of many provinces such as Santa Cruz and La Pampa). To call them Englishmen is like saying everyone who died on the Belgrano was from Santa Cruz province... it's just not correct.

Summary = The terms 'English' and 'British' should not be confused and mean different things.

As far as I know, there is no word "Britishmen". (A native speaker is welcome to contradict me on this...). Englishmen, or Scotsmen.

As far as I know, there is no word "Britishmen". (A native speaker is welcome to contradict me on this...). Englishmen, or Scotsmen.

The word you're looking for is 'Briton' or even just 'Brit', as in...

"A group of Brits, on a boat with a pirate flag!"
or
"Look at that sexy Brit!" :p

The word you're looking for is 'Briton' or even just 'Brit', as in...

"A group of Brits, on a boat with a pirate flag!"
or
"Look at that sexy Brit!" :p

"A group of British seamen on a submarine with a pirate flag" ;)

Oh I see, so how many Miss World winners have your countries produced? More than 5 then? :p

You know what they say, "good-looking, in a British-horsey sort of way" :p

Boys, boys, boys.. We CAN'T continue like this.. We need PICTURES!

S-38, S-class submarine used in WWII. Sick things can be done with such a bad boat. :D Sugar boats sure weren't skippers' favourite toys when they needed to trust their life on it, rusty, noisy, slow boats which had already survived WWI and weren't equipped with anything else than necessary..

USS_Harris_%28APA-2%29.jpg

How about some river warfare. Here's SWCC on their "everybody wanna have one" motorboats:

800px-SBT_22_on_SOC-R_boats.jpg

I read somewhere you need to do 50 push-ups in 100 seconds to be one of them.