• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

15JTaylor

First Lieutenant
48 Badges
Dec 3, 2016
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
What's everyone's opinion on natural design? Is the extra trait picks and trait points worth never ascending? What origin do you think is best for it? Is it fun?

I have not tested Natural Design yet, but plan to do so as a Fanatic Purifier. The flair checks out, you are a genetically superior race purging the lesser beings.

Mechanically speaking, the benefits seems dubious. You can never gene mod your species at all, so you better choose wisely at character creation. A locked civic slot, no ascension, all this for a slightly more powerful species at game start and a funky building that empowers the formerly most useless job in the galaxy.

But Purifiers love early power boosts, by the time ascension traditions are available you should own 1/3 of the galaxy. The genetically inferior beings will be doomed.
(Origin: Galactic Doorstep for early access to gateways)

It's good for Ascended clones who can't really use very many ascensions.
I was thinking about that as well. I think the strongest part about the ascension is that it let's you get an early game snowball. I think I designed an empire that had: intelligent, natural engineers, rapid breeders, aquatic, traditional, non adaptive and unruly for my picks. It's honestly pretty nutty to have all of that on one species so early on.

But since you can't ascend you should in theory fall behind synths and cyborgs.

Necrophage + Idyllic Bloomer

5% + 10% + 15% +10%-> you get a base 45% resource output from everything, add on intelligent for another 10%

You have an invasive second species with 30% habitability and 30% pop growth + 5% from gene worker and 2.5% per Ascension Perk and +15% from Bloom trait. These will outgrow your ability to convert into your necro pops and you will need to necro purge these from time to which means you will load them into the lathe.

Progenitor + Idyllic Bloomer

You get 30% basic resource output +20% from Gaia and Bloom trait

you get 10% complex resource output + 20% from Gaia and Bloom trait.

you get 4 pop assembly per planet, 5 on your home planet and you get budding from your main species.

6.5 pop growth and 5.8 pop assembly at game start -> that equals a lot of pops and even more pops as you gain ascension picks and once you gain the bloom trait on your Gaia worlds. You will outgrow a clone army origin.

The absolute power is 2 offspring drone per planet each giving a base 2 assembly +10% menial output + unity output per ascension perk and +5 amenities.