• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It appears we need a sub for Germany this week. Anyone interested?

Touching Golle's AAR, above, it does not reflect the true situation as regards Norwegian resistance, and should be considered canon only as Finnish propaganda. :) Also, I believe he is rather mis-under-estimating the amount of Norwegian regular troops that fought in America, although it is true that there was a substantial Italian contingent.

It appears we need a sub for Germany this week. Anyone interested?

Touching Golle's AAR, above, it does not reflect the true situation as regards Norwegian resistance, and should be considered canon only as Finnish propaganda. :) Also, I believe he is rather mis-under-estimating the amount of Norwegian regular troops that fought in America, although it is true that there was a substantial Italian contingent.

Well did you have any troops in Scandinavia at all, or were that really Finnish film crews? :D

No norweigian troops were spotted in Scandinavia. Finland indeed hasen't fired a single shot in this war sofar. Nevertheless it prooves that we are on just mission here: Norway has neglected the security issues of Scandinavia completely. Finland is just doing what the lawbiding norweigian citicens hubly asking, defending them. No wonder all the flowers and little finnish flag waved by the bystanders when chinese-orgin finnish tanks steamed on Norweigian roads..

In America, there were norweigian troops however. Georgia sended 28 divs there and it managed to win all it's battles made against Norweigian troops and this eventually led ironically to the defeat of this diverse attack. As it was so easy to win norweigians, the Georgian troops spread out on too wide area (regardless of our instructions to our ally) and when Italian troops arrived on the scene, the too parsely spread georgians weren't able to withstand the counter attacks. It's sad as they never actually were out of supply and with little bit wiser and non-so-headlonging-rush the bridgehead could have been kept...

Wait a minute, you assembled coalition of Georgia/Finland/France and Quebec to attack Norway, who was building almost only IC and still felt need for "diverse attack" ? Considering that you had little chance of wrestling naval superiority from Italy/Norway and therefore couldn't reinforce this bridgehead I assume meant to be sacrificed ?

Yeas, the bridgehead was to be sacrificied. its purpose was to create as much havoc as long as it could for the best ouctome. In sense it served that purpose, but the overal concept of it proved vain and unnecessary

Even with the forces we now believe the Americas posessed prior to the War, a meaningfull defences could have been really easy to provide for the british isles and Scandinavia.
We weren't aware of the lack of troops in America. We calculated that The suicide diversion was best way of letting the americans to consentrate their aviable reinforcements to the Canadian front thus assure that our main forces would have best possible change against the (then expected) fiercome defences in Britain...

...it was only after we started to figth when we find out that American neglect of defences weren't just production wise, but strategical as well.
At that point we went bit confused and we our selves neclected the patience needed to carefully examine our changes in America soil.

EDIT: The "coalition" is mainly france/Axis wise....the junior partners, Quepec, Germany and Prussia didn't actually participate in the war, aside few landings by Prussian AI and Germany taking few provinces in Scandinavia

Last edited:
I guess the idea of a diversionary attack made sense if you wanted to prevent a rapid reinforcement of Britain and Scandinavia. But if KoM and Varyar had properly researched their Naval doctrines, your diversionary attack would have collapsed pretty quickly.

Well in retrospect the diversion attack was completely useless. There weren't any troops in Scandinavia nor Britain so regardless of the diversion attack we would have gained the same positions as we hold now. But when we planned this attack we assumed that there would have been troops in both places and the diversion attack would have caused KoM alot of multitasking which we tought would have been in our benefit.

Ofcourse the fact that Georgian troops landed there, ment that Norweigian couldn't muster his troops to be sended overseas right away, he first had to solve the proplem "back home" (which is bit ironical as it is Norway afterall;))

EDIT: The "coalition" is mainly france/Axis wise....the junior partners, Quepec, Germany and Prussia didn't actually participate in the war, aside few landings by Prussian AI and Germany taking few provinces in Scandinavia

I must object to this slight of my staunch ally! Quebec very much participated by taking Italian islands. They fired more shots than you did, at least. :p

well, I think that honour melted away somewhere middle of the all caps shouting of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SHIPS!!!!!????!!!" that I spotted on the chattlog:p
I mean, all credit to your stount ally, but he do seem to have really sensitive skin that cannot be touched by any means without much dramatic communication between himself and those who actually doesen't care much to know each time someone of his opponents do something to him;);)

well, I think that honour melted away somewhere middle of the all caps shouting of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SHIPS!!!!!????!!!" that I spotted on the chattlog:p
Well, in all fairness my navy did drag its feet so I can see why he'd think he could go island-hopping indefinitely. No more though.

And Quebec, I hope you're ready, violating Italian territory is not taken lightly in Italianopolis. La guerre n'est pas fini :mad:

Wait a minute, you assembled coalition of Georgia/Finland/France and Quebec to attack Norway, who was building almost only IC and still felt need for "diverse attack" ?

You can never be too sure with those sneaky Norwegians. :cool:

So what is Indonesia and Japan's reaction to all this?

I'd be willing to bet that Indonesia at least knew about the plan beforehand. It'd be pretty careless for France or the Axis (at least Axis, France perhaps doesn't need to care about East Asia in the short term) to go ahead with this without getting at least a promise of neutrality from the other major world power block, and the East Asians also have a ready-made excuse for not intervening (China). Indonesia's also tried to kick Norway out of Europe before (and recently), as silly as that might seem strategically. That would make Indonesia seem approachable about this sort of scheme.

What I'd be less willing to bet is that they knew both France and Axis would be involved and that might totally change Indonesian attitude. Perhaps they thought that France wouldn't be? I can't see Dano accepting to make England French, but I could see him wanting it in Axis hands. I might be wrong, though, he's been willing to see France in England before. Albeit France was much less scary at that point.

Japan's role I have less to guess on. I was under the impression they were on reasonably good terms with Oceania, but then, I have less of an idea where they stand overall. Maybe if they posted more AARs! *cough cough*

Till then, I shall wildly speculate that they are planning an epic backstab.... ending in the conquest of Asia/Georgia/Finland/France/all of the above for themselves! :D

Last edited:
Even with the forces we now believe the Americas possessed prior to the War, a meaningful defence would have been really easy to provide for the British Isles and Scandinavia.

You are mistaken; of the forces that drove the Georgians out of New England, roughly four-fifths were war-raised. A fully free-market economy can churn out basic infantry very quickly. As for your easy initial victories, any idiot can win when he outnumbers his enemy 12 to 1! It had nothing to do with the quality of the troops. If anything, you should have pushed a lot more aggressively when you realised how thin the defensive line was; I was constantly puzzled at the weak handling of the Georgian troops, who should have been going hell-for-leather towards my industrial core.

Well It was your fortune that it was indeed my Brother who was there figthing,
If Finland would have made the diversion, the result would have been far worse for you guys;);)

But that much I can say that at somepoint when Norwegian troops begun to match Georgia in quantative, it didn't lead into any movment in the fronts. It was only after the big Italian tank army and other italian troops came when Manchester fell and the tide turned...

I mean, My brother had to ask me wheter it requires some tech for do support attack, as he wondered Why Norway didn't use its advantage to attack from multible provinces against the relatively weak divided Georgian bastions?:cool:

I think had the anti-norwegian coalition acted promptly they could still be in North America. Of course, it is not neccesarily to France's advantage at all to do that; I would not be suprised if French troops drive on to Novgorod this turn, and claim Scandinavia for themselves.

In any event, I trust those who oppose the Ynglings and the efficient Italians will live to regret not issuing the knockout blow against Norway that I believe could have been done.

Scandinavia has only sentimental value...thats have been acclaimed by all parties and my reasons for this roots from years before 1399.
Thats the one reason why I feel so betrayed...KoM is the sole player who have ever conquered Novgorod when Ive played in it, around early 13th century, and I wont let that one to go without revenge!!!:p:p I mean, its only 700 years or so...nothing to let bygones to be bygones quite yet;)

Support attacks don't help when your line is being held by militia and is outnumbered four to one! I mean, no dishonour to the leidang, they held on long enough for the Hird to arrive, but no good would have come of ordering them to attack. No heavy guns, no air support, no motor transport, just rifles and guts. Once the counteroffensive started we did plenty of support attacks, but that was with regulars.