• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps it would be good to make it that the troop information that you do get are gathered by warfare and if you want comprehensive info about troop numbers etc. then you will need to use a spy, much like Rome Total War where you would send spies in to find out the number of troops in an army. Also a seperate spy function to find all that war capacity stuff, so essentially the overview will be hidden at first with need to send in spies and essentially the only way the info is updated is if the spies infiltrate and continue thier work, and while we are at it have them a monthly fee when in the field and those countries with spies infiltrated in thier country will need to weed them out.....yes, no?

YodaMaster said:
No... but maybe.

No Intelligence Service was able to find such precise information in WWII. How could it be possible two or three centuries before?

I dont even think the soldiers own commanders had so precise information about their troops.

NitrateCupcake said:
I dont even think the soldiers own commanders had so precise information about their troops.
Game. Not simulation. Game. The AI has that information. I can get the information if I go through a tedious process in single-player. The convenience of a real display would be a significant improvement.

ulmont said:
Game. Not simulation. Game. The AI has that information. I can get the information if I go through a tedious process in single-player. The convenience of a real display would be a significant improvement.

Amen! The AI already "cheats" in so many ways that it's impossible to list them all. At least with solid and reliable information the player is put on a more even footing in this particular area.

The main problem with the peace AI is they hold on to provinces that can't defend. Look at the 7 Years War, France was pretty good in Europe, but they were beat bad in the French and Indian (the American Front). They had to give up all their land on the mainland of North America (a massive amount of land that went from Quebec to Louisiana).

You can't see past the fog of war but you have full information on every singel soldier they have?

Makes sense...

WillT said:
The main problem with the peace AI is they hold on to provinces that can't defend. Look at the 7 Years War, France was pretty good in Europe, but they were beat bad in the French and Indian (the American Front). They had to give up all their land on the mainland of North America (a massive amount of land that went from Quebec to Louisiana).
That's why a difference between national provinces and territorial claims (or "colonial cores" for this purpose) could be very interesting. Real national provinces are more important than any other provinces.

The colonization stuff is amazing, thanks! Is there any plan for an auto-colonize feature, somewhat like the auto-merchant one?

I think that a more comprehensive war capacity measure is a great thing for de-mystifying war settlements. But its accuracy and precision should be related to things like espionage, spy efficiency, and possibly national ideas. And as has been stated earlier abstract the values a bit, so that 20% war capacity let is equal to 'defeated' and what not.

ulmont said:
Please don't screw up single-player any more for the sake of multiplayer.

If you want to know everything, play without the fog of war.

ulmont said:
Oddly enough, having the fog of war on or not will not give me the information on the proposed ledger, namely "what the hell is the AI thinking?"

You know, I really don't mind if the feature is in the game, but I really do mind if I can't turn it off.

Maybe instead of number of # of soldiers you see # of units?

I don't think information was that unreliable- I think most of Europe if they wanted to would know that OK, France has a 85th Infantry or 12th Chasseurs...

I think this is a great new feature and I'll re-install EU3 when this comes out eventually. I do want a crappier faster map though.

ulmont said:
I completely disagree. Give me the totally accurate reports!!! I hated this change from HOI2 to HOI2:DD. I only play single-player; go ahead and give me the information - as noted, the AI certainly has it.

Perhaps have it default to on for SP and off for MP?

Of course, it is generally obvious why the AI isn't accepting terms when it is being stubborn - the issue is when it is just being irrational (and the effects of -3 stability are grossly underpowered). :)

Maybe make precise troop numbers avaliable in legder when fog of war is removed via cheat, like it is in Doomsday? That way, cheaters would have their precise numbers in SP :D

YodaMaster said:
That's why a difference between national provinces and territorial claims (or "colonial cores" for this purpose) could be very interesting. Real national provinces are more important than any other provinces.

I'd say that the real solution would be to make the AI very inclined to give up overseas provinces very easily if the have lost the naval game.

WillT said:
I'd say that the real solution would be to make the AI very inclined to give up overseas provinces very easily if the have lost the naval game.
Only in wars, maybe and not even sure, but difference between national provinces and territorial claims could be used for many other purposes.

Merlact said:
I wouldnt expect it to shed any light on why they wont accept your offers unless the peace negotiations have been re-worked. Have you tried saving your game and loading-up as your enemy to see what they have left? I was at war with France, controlled all French provinces, they had no army or navy left and no free provices. I had 100% warscore, they were at -3 stab but they would only accept to cede 4 or 5 provinces to me out of about 30+. :confused:
That's how it's always been purely for balance so you don't just merilly gobble your way to WC.
rybka said:
Well, thats why i havent bought it yet. I am waiting for this addon and kasperus' map. with so many triggers and SMART coding history can really be brought back to eu series. Besides if you dont like HARD scripted events you dont have to buy this addon :rofl:
Not really. To compile an entire list of every plausible possible route of history would be beyond the scope of even modern supercomputers to handle....that's even if someone could write them.

Anyway...for mp it might be able to disable it for human players since most of these stats are just used for determining what the AI thinks.

Last edited:
Jinnai said:
Not really. To compile an entire list of every plausible possible route of history would be beyond the scope of even modern supercomputers to handle....that's even if someone could write them.
This is not the goal: just some of them (the most plausible ones) and let engine do the rest.