• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(94014)

Corporal
5 Badges
Mar 3, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
So I recently installed VIP on my Mac which seemed to work perfectly, aside from the fact that a majority of the uncivilized nations on the political map were colored black, instead of having their own unique colors. No big deal. What is a big deal, though, is that around 1840 for a small period my country (Prussia) brought in about $120,000 within a week's worth of time or so, for no apparent reason. At first, I was happy, because I became that much richer almost overnight. However, soon after, within a year or so, the economy brought in a profit of "nan." On the little graph that displays profits within the last month, the line went straight up off the graph all the way to the top of my computer screen; also, it then listed the amount of money I currently possessed as "nan." Soon after, within about a year's time, my game crashed.

Does anyone know why this happened? How can I fix it? It's a real bummer because I absolutely love the game and just installed it, and now there's this...

I should mention too that I have VIP 0.4 installed with the hotfix. Also, in case it matters, the "nan" seemed to function as if I had unlimited cash reserves. That is, until the game crashed.

I actually figured it out, but it's just kind of weird. For no reason, sometimes my income and, to a lesser extent, expenses, skyrocket for a short period of time, maybe about a week. Letting the computer handle trade went a ways towards fixing it, though it didn't solve it alone. Basically, I just have to abolish taxes and increase expenses whenever it happens, which is OK for me as long as the game works.