• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

omg_ken1

Second Lieutenant
61 Badges
Apr 27, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
I'm king of Thuringia and recently of Denmark. I killed my cousin for that throne and now my vassals hate my guts because aperently, it's ok to murder an anointed Kaiser, but a hick from your extended family is where everybody draws the line! It's fine though, I'm past my prime and will probably kick the bucket soon, giving way for my midas touched, genious and shrewd 19 year old son.

Now get this, my wife Duchess Agathe 'the Wise' of Franconia, came up with the brilliant idea to marry my golden boy to Count Bambergs ugly, craven and lisping sister. MATRIALINEALLY!!!

Fine, whatever... I do have a second son. Sure he's weak, uncouth and just a thrifty cleark, but I can see past that - I'm a loving father after all, and will give junior a shot at running two kingdoms of unruly bastards who seriously need to get their priorities straight. I just have to get rid of his elder brother.

So naturally I start antagonizing my heir, as you do to a son who'd rather take advice from his gouty and bedridden mom than me, to the point where he consider me his rival. Great!

But, just as I challange my son and assume the succession is secure, the count of Bamberg has gone ahead and made the boy his court chaplain, earning myself the charming nickname of 'Priest-Hater'. Oh, and the succession? The idiot priest turned the other cheek, making me look the fool.

God I hope CK3 will be as fun as this game. :D

My Queen of Brittany is shooting for sainthood , and , in any case , I role play the staunch orthodox Catholic .

My darling heir had plus - ten learning , plus - ten intrigue , plus - fifteen stewardship , plus - ten martial , and plus - fifteen diplomacy , and the quick trait.

Two years before she is set to come of age , she comes to me and says she wants to be a nun !

-- And she says that would make her VERY HAPPY , and if I refuse , she will automatically get stressed.

How can I give the Church such short shift ? And how can I ruin my favorite childs happiness , especially when she is just following my example ?

I really , really , hated to click the accept button.

I sat there at least a full three minutes before I could make myself click that fateful button.

With a male who has chosen to become a monk , you can build a town , make him the Burgher , and then marry him anyway.

But , without Conclave DLC , and the full status of women law , I know of no way to work around a woman becoming a nun.

I raised the ideal ---- celibate. :(:D

Best place for your heir: in your own court.

This should be rule number one ! Unlanded and in your court means under your control , out of your court means AI control.

AI control = BAD

Second best place: in their own court, in charge.

--- In a barony , in your demesne . Barons are limited in the trouble they can get into . The most notable example ; As a Baron your heir cannot take it into his own head to marry a 60 year old , hunchbacked , clubfooted , Satanist syphilitic matrilenially .

My Queen of Brittany is shooting for sainthood , and , in any case , I role play the staunch orthodox Catholic .

My darling heir had plus - ten learning , plus - ten intrigue , plus - fifteen stewardship , plus - ten martial , and plus - fifteen diplomacy , and the quick trait.

Two years before she is set to come of age , she comes to me and says she wants to be a nun !

-- And she says that would make her VERY HAPPY , and if I refuse , she will automatically get stressed.

How can I give the Church such short shift ? And how can I ruin my favorite childs happiness , especially when she is just following my example ?

I sat there at least a full three minutes before I could make myself click that fateful button.

With a male who has chosen to become a monk , you can build a town , make him the Burgher , and then marry him anyway.

But , without Conclave DLC , and the full status of women law , I know of no way to work around a woman becoming a nun.

See, I would have told her no, then switched societies to Hermetics to brew her a potion of eudaimonia ASAP. You aren't ruining her happiness, the game is by triggering that frustrating event.

Dumb kids always think they know whats what dont they? CK2 parenting sure is a chore..