• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BavarianKing

Corporal
83 Badges
Feb 2, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Simple question: Will we ever see muslim bloodlines? the whole sayyid thing makes no sense any more and I always get angry about the lack of muslim bloodlines when playing as the hashemid rulers.

Unfortunately, some Devs decided that the Muslims are unimportant in this period and that the Medieval Period was all about Christians and Pagans fighting one another.
(I do so hope that the later CK3 Dev Diaries prove me wrong, but recent interviews make it look like Pagans and Christians are the primary focus)

Ghaznavid, Seljuk, Almoravid, Almohad, Saladin, Nasrid, Ottoman, Musa Keita, Tughluq, Timurid

We have quite a few. I agree - not as many as Christian, but still.
Also for earlier starts - it's quite sensitive to create historical Muslim bloodlines, I suppose. Whom to choose as a dynasty leader for Abbasids? For Ummayads? Companions of Muhammad? Maybe...but will this be Ok? :rolleyes:

Ghaznavid, Seljuk, Almoravid, Almohad, Saladin, Nasrid, Ottoman, Musa Keita, Tughluq, Timurid

Also for earlier starts - it's quite sensitive to create historical Muslim bloodlines, I suppose. Whom to choose as a dynasty leader for Abbasids? For Ummayads? Companions of Muhammad? Maybe...but will this be Ok? :rolleyes:
Abdullah, Sa'id, Arwa, Baibars as well... though the worse thing is that without some rule-bending Muslims can't breed super-bloodlines so literally unplayable.

well..in case of the Abbasids:
al-ʿAbbās ibn ʿAbd al-Muttalib should be the founder of the Abbasid dynasty because he was ;)

the Ummayads should have a bloodline with Abd Manaf ibn Qusaiy as the founder, who lived long before the prophet Muhammad and was a leader of the Quraish, the tribe the prophet belonged to. Thats where I would split one single bloodlines into multiple ones because different historic tribes see their origins there.
I am not an expert and my knowledge is mediocre at best so please correct me if I am wrong somewhere!

Well, Sayyid and Mirza could have been reforged as Bloodlines, but that would have caused issues with people that either do not have Holy Fury, or are playing with it switched off for some reason. In practical terms, they're historical bloodlines. The way Mirza works is also a little different to either patrilineal or matrilineal.

As others have said, plenty of Muslim bloodlines in the historical list, and many more (such as the Parthian cluster) that are geographically located in Muslim areas.

If the complaint is REALLY about the lack of ability to gather together lines of descent, then your issue has nothing to do with bloodlines per se, but with Agnatic succession and lack of matrilineal marriages (not specific to Muslims, either. Nomads are also Agnatic, as are a lot of others, even in Christendom). And if that's the case, work on your succession laws, Sultan.

Last edited:

If you've ever flipped through the family tree in-game for Abbasids, Umayyads, Fatimids, etc (or any other dynasty that generally has the Sayyid trait) it eventually all goes to back to Muhammad. To avoid displaying a portrait though, they simply give Muhammad a unique portrait which is just the Sayyid symbol.

I am sad there are no bloodlines that created by more great actions too
like ... invading a kingdom with invasion cb while holding "bloodline" ambition should give you a unique bloodline depending on region/character traits (if bastard should give you bastard bloodline, if target was excominicated it should give relationship bonus with christians even if you were not christian, if you invaded realm thanks to a mighty alliance then you should get a bloodline that giving you good relations with foreign rulers)

If you've ever flipped through the family tree in-game for Abbasids, Umayyads, Fatimids, etc (or any other dynasty that generally has the Sayyid trait) it eventually all goes to back to Muhammad. To avoid displaying a portrait though, they simply give Muhammad a unique portrait which is just the Sayyid symbol.

Well, the thing is that all of them claimed to be descendents of the prophet Muhammad but only the Fatimids for example where really directly related to him through his daughter Fatima. The rest (Abbasids, Ummayads, etc.) claimed to be of the same tribe and only related to him through is uncle or somebody else. So I would not make the prophet Muhammad the founder of their bloodlines. Fatima for the Fatimids and the founders of the tribe for the rest.

With the 936 start allowing a character to become considered part of his brother's bloodline if he converts, it seems anyone can be made to be considered part of an existing line. I was surprised this change wasn't used to convert those traits into a bloodline too.