• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can Papacy become Papal Controller under any circumstances?

Can the Papacy automatically execute Excommunicate on rulers?

1. pope becoming PC would be somewhat weird

2. I think no, as pope should not be playable in itself ; PC is the only character able to excomm

MAYBE in addition..

like Catholics goes in Crusades, Muslims, pagans and jews need too similar targets and something like PAPA :) if we can play with them now :) Muslims can get something like Muhamed .. and about pagans i have no idea at this moment.

AND somehow need to correct then bride-searching table in game, now there are only for catholics and ortodox :( :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

like Catholics goes in Crusades, Muslims, pagans and jews need too similar targets and something like PAPA :) if we can play with them now :) Muslims can get something like Muhamed .. and about pagans i have no idea at this moment.

AND somehow need to correct then bride-searching table in game, now there are only for catholics and ortodox :( :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

also as playing as a muslim ruler the crusade banner still appears... i don't know if taking the target will give piety too... have to test it

Don't know what happened, but ever since installing installing this, I am no longer able to claim any titles with any nation?
Just wondering if this has happened to somebody else. I guess the only solution is reinstalling?

Don't know what happened, but ever since installing installing this, I am no longer able to claim any titles with any nation?
Just wondering if this has happened to somebody else. I guess the only solution is reinstalling?

it is the simpliest way usually :D

Can you add Republics/Bishoprics/Orders to this mod?

no only muslim and pagan (and jew)
no possibility to play republics/orders/papacy or bishopric
My character, the Duke of Anjou, just died, and his eldest son, the Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order, succeeded him but also kept his GM title. When I saved and re-loaded, I discovered that I couldn't continue as my dynasty because the Order was unplayable. If this mod won't help, am I totally screwed?

I keep getting a pop up saying something like "installer could not find the .exe" or something like that. Any suggestions? I have windows Vista. Should I reinstall CK in a specific games folder, then the Beta, Then DVIP then this mod?

Sorry, it says something about a miss match. ><

Last edited:
I've noticed that when I play as a Pagan or Muslim, I can't set a Dioces Bishop. So I constantly have the empty-court-position-alert in the corner of my screen.

Yeah, I've noticed this too, and I think it must be hard coded to prevent non-Christians from having courtiers in this position. When you look at non-Christian AI realms, they don't have anyone in this position either.

I don't really know for sure why there's this restriction, but if I had to guess, my guess would be because of the way Bishoprics and the Papacy are inherited or assigned new rulers. It is likely to prevent non-Christians from holding Christian titles and land.

Hmm. Makes me wonder if you somehow end up with an ecclesiastical educated Christian courtier, if you could assign him to Diocese Bishop as a pagan/muslim/jew.

Hi, I have the same question someone else had in this thread; why can't I claim titles without an event in the Muslim and Pagan mod?

Why was this feature disabled in the mod? Both Muslims and Christians (as well as Pagans, and I suppose the Khazar Jews too) did the whole "My family has faked records of living in your lands once, so therefore I have a claim to your stuff", so why isn't this allowed in the mod?

EDIT: Oh, and I suppose, how do I fix it?

Oh, and why does that one vassal Count of the Pope always get excommunicated at the start of the game? I see no reason why he should be, other then that the AI wants his (poor) lands.

Last edited:
Ya I just installed the pagan / muslim patch and as a muslim ruler I can't create, grab or usurp titles at all. There's a cost displayed and all the info is there but the options are greyed out. This is problematic since I can't go to war with anyone around me ><

Any thoughts or help...?