• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regnor Vex

Second Lieutenant
7 Badges
Jul 25, 2009
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
In a word, disappointment. The game features this beautiful rich world full of partnering, diplomacy, trading, thwarting pirates, all the things that go so well with other players. And then they add a "tactical mode only" multiplayer. Why couldn't they have added a co-operative campaign mode? My wife and I were dying to play this cooperatively against the AI, but no option for that. All we get to do is spend hours chasing each other across water until one of us stops so that the other one can sink him.

Nitro: any chance that you'll be adding a more satisfying multiplayer mode in the future? Like a co-operative campaign mode?

Last edited:
I really doubt it, one of the reasons Empire shipped without a multiplayer for the campaign even tho it's still in the making is exactly the same as here. The switching between views for battle and strategy, it just ruins multiplayer. It might work with 2 players yep but it's really not that good a marketing thing either because not that many people like the idea of for example constantly taking control of the enemy nation or wait while the other player finishes a battle.

However.... 2 player cooperative would be rather awesome, 2 direct control ships in combat or maybe fight over that one damn ship if you only have 1 ship in a fleet and go into combat, LEFT I SAY... NO RIGHT.... oh well one can always dream.

Even the multiplayer they shipped is bugged. My wife and I played a Commander vs. Commander game with 5 ships each. I sunk two of her ships to one of mine, and had more points than she did when time ran out, yet she was designated the winner! Huh?

No one else finds this type of "multiplayer" disappointing? I'm surprised given how much the Paradox community enjoys the multiplayer experience.

Still waiting to hear a response from any of the developers as to whether there will be any changes here?

Thanks,