• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not using ICQ myself but I guess all that Alt-Tab ing in and out of the game might lead to instability. Running it in the background shouldn't be a problem though I guess.

------------------
/ Stefan Huszics EU - FAQ & Links

Warning: best viewed with Mozilla (NS6alpha). If the page doesn't load at all or only partially, the webservers are overstrained. Try again later.

Originally posted by iCE:
Hi, is EU out in indonesia n oz already? i m in singapore n the shops hvnt heard of it :(

olsson's got the swedish version and i've got the german one, both ordered from europe. but you can get the english one over the internet now from softwarefirst.com

olsson and i are looking for extra players near our timezones (jakarta & darwin) so stay in touch - we're both on benzo's player registration site

re icq, icq and EU are memory hogs so if you have only 64 meg RAM you might have probs. i got an extra 64Meg to play EU.

in any case i find EU a bit unstable if you are minimising and alt-tabbing it, it often crashes doing so. i usually try to run EU by itself especially if multiplayer

cheers

LAN means local subnet

They both use TCP/IP it's just when you say LAN that it will just look in your local subnet to see if there are games there. So if your IP is 123.45.67.5 it will look at IP's 123.45.67.nnn. That's just the definition a LAN in TCP/IP terms.

For some reason ICQ doesnt allow you to see your IP anymore(afaik). I made a little utility that shows your own IP address while connected to the host. In addition you can copy the value to the clipboard and paste it to your favourite game.

ICQ me and I'll send it to you. (300kb)

Btw I have done a virus scan but i recommend a double check if you're extra careful.

Marcus