• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(133089)

Recruit
4 Badges
Jan 25, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
Hi,

I'm new the forums but I've been playing HOI2 and other paradox games for a long time.

Now I'm a part of college organization that does political and military simulations and war gaming for educational purposes. One of the things we are looking to try is a semi meta gamed version of HOI2 (with DD and ARAMA).

By this I mean we'll play a multiplayer LAN game of HOI2 over several sessions. Each nation that we play (I'm thinking US, Japan, USSR, UK and Germany, but I'd like to hear thoughts on this too), will have a team of people playing it. So one person you does the actual playing, and several other people who assume the roles of essentially the members of that nation's government. They dictate the policy to the person playing the game and debate and discuss choices, plans and so on. We'd in 1936 since I want them to have a lot of flexibility.

The reason I'm here is I'm wondering what thoughts and advice people can give to help out on this project. Basically I'm looking to ensure that this is competitive game, but not gamey, no use of exploits, and more focused on simulating political and military strategy than anything else (also I'm not that interested in staying true to history).

If possible I'd like some feedback specifically in terms of:
  • Suggested House Rules
  • Exploits to watch out for
  • Ideas on goals to ensure conflict but leave nations with some flexibility
  • Any ideas on how to logistically manage this
  • Links to any valuable sites other than HOI2 wiki that may be of help in this
  • Thoughts on how to guide teams in policy making and interfacing that policy with the HOI2 engine
  • Any other thoughts

Thanks and I hope to hear from some people. :)

Hi,

I'm new the forums but I've been playing HOI2 and other paradox games for a long time.

Now I'm a part of college organization that does political and military simulations and war gaming for educational purposes. One of the things we are looking to try is a semi meta gamed version of HOI2 (with DD and ARAMA).

By this I mean we'll play a multiplayer LAN game of HOI2 over several sessions. Each nation that we play (I'm thinking US, Japan, USSR, UK and Germany, but I'd like to hear thoughts on this too), will have a team of people playing it. So one person you does the actual playing, and several other people who assume the roles of essentially the members of that nation's government. They dictate the policy to the person playing the game and debate and discuss choices, plans and so on. We'd in 1936 since I want them to have a lot of flexibility.

The reason I'm here is I'm wondering what thoughts and advice people can give to help out on this project. Basically I'm looking to ensure that this is competitive game, but not gamey, no use of exploits, and more focused on simulating political and military strategy than anything else (also I'm not that interested in staying true to history).

If possible I'd like some feedback specifically in terms of:
  • Suggested House Rules
  • Exploits to watch out for
  • Ideas on goals to ensure conflict but leave nations with some flexibility
  • Any ideas on how to logistically manage this
  • Links to any valuable sites other than HOI2 wiki that may be of help in this
  • Thoughts on how to guide teams in policy making and interfacing that policy with the HOI2 engine
  • Any other thoughts

Thanks and I hope to hear from some people. :)

http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2641

you might wanna read that thread. And join us at ederons were always looking for hoi2 players!