Multiplayer de sync issues When trying to play with someone in the same house

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

trainabled

Sergeant
76 Badges
Jun 24, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
Hi, I've recently been trying to get my girlfriend into the game and she's actually into it! while this is great news, every time we try to have a multiplayer game in the same house we dysync within a few months. Not sure if its an ip issue or what. Any help or ideas that would sort this out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Desyncs do usually occur when someone has a slight connection derp

It is basically the game going "Hey player 1 is fine but player 2 is almost a month behind them in game time, might wanna fix that"

There's a few things I would recommend

First: Ensure your internet connection can handle both of you actively being online playing games at the same time, plus any other devices in the home that may be connected to the internet.

That is rather simple, as gaming has evolved the requirements of download/upload speed have changed to better handle the more intensive games. And even if a device isn't being used, the fact it is connected to the internet will be a draw. If you think your current speed isn't enough, call your ISP and see what they offer in terms of speed that you can both readily afford. [I'd shoot for something around 50Mb/s at a bare minimum just for the download speed]

Second: Ensure both computers are connected to the internet modem/router via an Ethernet cable. These provide the most stable connections and don't often have the speed limitations that WiFi does. I suggest getting Cat 6 or Cat 7 Ethernet cables, they can handle up to 100Mb/s I think, so they should do you fine.

Outside that if you still experience desync, it might be a hardware problem, where the PC just can't keep up with the game speed. [If that is the case I feel for you, the market is still borked to all hell right now]

Desyncs do usually occur when someone has a slight connection derp

It is basically the game going "Hey player 1 is fine but player 2 is almost a month behind them in game time, might wanna fix that"

There's a few things I would recommend

First: Ensure your internet connection can handle both of you actively being online playing games at the same time, plus any other devices in the home that may be connected to the internet.

That is rather simple, as gaming has evolved the requirements of download/upload speed have changed to better handle the more intensive games. And even if a device isn't being used, the fact it is connected to the internet will be a draw. If you think your current speed isn't enough, call your ISP and see what they offer in terms of speed that you can both readily afford. [I'd shoot for something around 50Mb/s at a bare minimum just for the download speed]

Second: Ensure both computers are connected to the internet modem/router via an Ethernet cable. These provide the most stable connections and don't often have the speed limitations that WiFi does. I suggest getting Cat 6 or Cat 7 Ethernet cables, they can handle up to 100Mb/s I think, so they should do you fine.

Outside that if you still experience desync, it might be a hardware problem, where the PC just can't keep up with the game speed. [If that is the case I feel for you, the market is still borked to all hell right now]
Hi Thanks for your response, Our internet speed is great so that shouldn't be the issue, however we are both using WIFI, i hadn't thought about that. We will try ethernet cables tonight, and again thanks for the response.