• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Falstaff

Field Marshal
34 Badges
Sep 7, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
Hi all

Look here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=222835

I made a mod that fixes most crashes in multiplayer for Victoria 1.03c. I append it here as I don't see it as a mod per se, but as something relevant to the functioning of the game.

Maybe a mod will move it to the multiplayer forum, but I fear it will not get noticed there.

Falstaff

EDIT: Note. This modification will not fix the crash that occur, if a player press TAB to bring up the MP chat session, after a tag change of a human player in a game (such as Prussia becoming Germany).

Attachments

• Vic_MP_mod_fix_0.2.rar
    77,9 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
SUMMARY OF CHANGES FOR Victoria 1.03c MP fix mod

Version 0.2:
------------------------------
- Removed all satellite declarations from the inc files for 1914 scenario.
- Added events from 1914 scenario start, that establish satellite relationships for the proper nations (ID ranges used: 400100-400122) in make_satellites_1914.txt.
- Fixed the typo error in the 1914 scenario.

Version 0.1
------------------------------
- Removed all army_revolt commands from events, where they were general to the nation.
- Removed all satellite declarations from the inc files.
- Added events from scenario start, that establish satellite relationships for the proper nations (ID ranges used: 400000-400024) in make_satellites.txt.

EDIT : Added the readme for the mod/fix.

EDIT: Uploaded version 0.2.

Attachments

• Vic_MP_fix_mod_readme.txt
    4,7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
This sounds intriging.... however it doesn't sound as if it is the final solution.

*Awaits Strategist's view*

noddy102 said:
This sounds intriging.... however it doesn't sound as if it is the final solution.

*Awaits Strategist's view*

Hopefully Victoria 1.04 is the final solution, but this will let you play multiplayer without crashes for a very small price.

Coco said:
yeah your forgeting the annex-allied bug...
and then theres the name-change bug, for which there seems to be no real fix other than in the exe.

I don't know what the namebug is, but I didn't see any problems with annexing allied nations. I ran a game from 1836 to 1908 (I quit manually) without crashes.

Last edited:
if you annex a nation that has an existing alliance, then the host machine crashes, and normally all the clients. There is a fix for this made by strategist, which ends the alliance for any 100% occupied nation.

if a player nation changes name (eg the unifications) then the chat script crashes the host and all clients.

Regarding the annex crash does it have to be a player nation, that does the annexing?

I tried to let Austria inherit France (which is allied to Lucca) through event, and the game didn't crash.

AFAIK the annex bug happens even if the AI does it. But that can be rather rare in MP.

Coco said:
if a player nation changes name (eg the unifications) then the chat script crashes the host and all clients.

This has been a bug since EU1. Surprising that Pdox hasn't ever fixed their mp chat routines...

Duuk said:
This has been a bug since EU1. Surprising that Pdox hasn't ever fixed their mp chat routines...

Yeah, that crashes the game.

Duuk said:

It is fixed in HoI2 :)

I will look into this... might add up nicely with my annex crash bug avoidance events...

Strategist said:
I will look into this... might add up nicely with my annex crash bug avoidance events...

Yeah. But the thing is: I think those alliance crashes are connected to the satellite bug, so removing the satellite status from inc files and establishing them ingame via events will also eliminate the alliance crash bugs. At least I suspect it is so. I have tested some, but ofc I can't be totally sure.

Falstaff said:
Yeah. But the thing is: I think those alliance crashes are connected to the satellite bug, so removing the satellite status from inc files and establishing them ingame via events will also eliminate the alliance crash bugs. At least I suspect it is so. I have tested some, but ofc I can't be totally sure.

I am fairly certain they arent. If you strat up the 1914 campaign in the game and Germany annexes Luxembourg, the game crashes 90% of the time in MP. I cannot imagine how this would be related to any satelitements, its just the fact that Luxembourg is allied and that crashes the game. My events take the alliance out, game doesnt crash... But well, if we can get some people together we might try if your thingy solves it or not.

Strategist said:
I am fairly certain they arent. If you strat up the 1914 campaign in the game and Germany annexes Luxembourg, the game crashes 90% of the time in MP. I cannot imagine how this would be related to any satelitements, its just the fact that Luxembourg is allied and that crashes the game. My events take the alliance out, game doesnt crash... But well, if we can get some people together we might try if your thingy solves it or not.

Where can I get this end-alliance-patch? :)

Strategist said:

My fix only includes the 1836 campaign as of now.

Ok. I made the fix cover the 1914 scenario too. Uploaded version 0.2 in first post.