• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A couple of new things this time. First, there's a Level 1 unit for the Zapotecs, followed by a download linked to zweihander's proposal that the higher-level Lithuanian units should use the Polish sprites instead of the standard Eastern European ones.

Before you download the Zapotec sprite, you need to go to For the Glory/Db/countries. Scroll down to ZAP near the bottom and change:

Army = AZT to
Army = ZAP

If you don't, you will continue to see the Aztec sprites for Level 1

ZAP%20Stand_zpsssdvycqi.png~original
ZAP%20FIRE%20NE_zpsbflnigzm.png~original
ZAP%20FIRE%20SW_zps6ts86naq.png~original
ZAP%20Walk_zpsx7eewcz6.png~original

Download Zapotec Level 1 sprite for the Seven Level Pack
Download Zapotec Level 1 sprite for the Four Level Pack

Now for the Lithuanian download. The Lithuanian Level 1 sprite can be downloaded from post 24 on the previous page. As already stated, the following download is to change the Level 2-7 units for Lithuanians from the standard Eastern European sprites to the Polish ones.

Download the files to change the higher level Lithuanian sprites for the Seven Level Pack here
Download the files to change the higher level Lithuanian sprites for the Four Level Pack here

Last edited:
Just a reminder, using the 7-level pack makes that Reorganisation images (For The Glory\Gfx\Interface\Glory\Reorganisation) in the interface gone when the sprite is at lv.5 or upper.

Nobody asked, but...
Country files for original FtG and AGCEEP + land technology file for FTG 1.3 Beta - June 2023. Use them with the latest patch.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/deg6l5aet0kl1lr/Countries.txt+June+2023+for+Chicken+Spadge's+Multi-level+Madness.zip/file
For those who do not want to spend the whole evening editing the files.
Only text files. Download the sprites using Chicken Spadge' links. But I can upload the entire ready-made set of graphic files with all the additions from this thread, if anyone needs it.

Attention! I have edited the files to not only use the sprites from the first post, but also the additions from Chicken Spadge in this thread (ZAP for Zapotecs and MAA for Maya).

However, the two links in this thread are broken. One is for the Lithuanian unit files, but anyone can create them from the Polish ones. But the other one is with new sprites for the Northern American natives (post #27). Does anyone have these sprites? If yes, please upload.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Especially for you and for everyone else who wants to use Chicken Spadge's sprites with the latest patch, but doesn't want to spend several evenings editing the files.

Ultimative plug-and-play pack for the FTG 1.3 Beta - October 2023.
What is inside?
All Chicken Spadge's sprites, unit files and palletes. Not only from the first post, but also additions from the entire thread.
Country files for original FtG and AGCEEP + land technology files for both. Natives file which uses Chicken Spadge tags.
Reorganisation sprites for all the tech levels. There is no more empty space in their place at high levels.

Before installing, please delete the "\Gfx\Palettes" and "\Gfx\Map\Units" folders, since my version of these folders already have all the nececcary files (and do not have the default FtG army sprites, so copy them for yourself if you want to keep them for some reason). Don't delete other folders!

I allowed myself a few liberties:
  • All Mediterranean crusader countries and Cyprus have Jerusalem knight sprites. Only the Order of St. John has hospitaller ones. Thus I invented JER sprites. If you want to reverse this decision, replace all instances of "army = JER" with "army = CYP" in the countries.txt. If you want to use only the DB files from my package and you already have the Chicken Spadge classic package, then also just replace "army = JER" with "army = CYP". Assuming you have EIR, MAA, ZAP, INC and LIT from other posts in this thread.
  • I don't use Swiss guard sprites for the Papal States because historically that guards appeared later, lvl 2 would be fine for them, but this level has gun sounds, so I got rid of those sprites. Instead, I use lvl 1 Papal sprites from another Chicken Spadge's pack.
  • I use a warrior with a zweihander as GER lvl1, because I find GER lvl 1 sprites from the first post to be too medieval for this time period.
  • I use the first variant of the Chicken Spadge's lvl1 Spanish warrior, because red-yellow-blue is an absolute medieval knight classic and red-yellow-red (the second variant) is in bad taste and has nothing to do with historicity.
  • Brazil has Portugal sprites.
  • Georgia has BYZ.
  • With the new countries introduced with the latest patch, everything was easy. However, I have no idea why Circassia has Russian sprites. I gave it the MUS ones.

However, the link to the Chicken Spadge's lvl 1 sprites for North American natives in this thread is broken (post #27). Please someone upload it. I'm sure someone has them.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Chicken Spadge lvl1 North American Natives. Hope that helps.

• 1Love
Reactions:

Chicken Spadge lvl1 North American Natives. Hope that helps.
Thank you very much. This definitely helps.
I'll upload the pack for the November beta in about a week.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much. This definitely helps.
I'll upload the pack for the November beta in about a week.
Just FYI, in AGCEEP Guelders, Friesland and Brabant use lvl1 JER sprite for some reason. Checked countries file in the mod folder and all is fine there (FLA sprite for the mentioned countries) so no idea what's going on. In vanilla all seem to be good.

Just FYI, in AGCEEP Guelders, Friesland and Brabant use lvl1 JER sprite for some reason. Checked countries file in the mod folder and all is fine there (FLA sprite for the mentioned countries) so no idea what's going on. In vanilla all seem to be good.
Sorry for being late.
Thank you. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong. And I fixed this issue. The problem was that there were no BAV, FLA and JER countries in the AGCEEP. Now everything is all right.

Ultimative plug-and-play pack for the FTG 1.3 Beta — November 2023.

All Chicken Spadge's sprites unit files and palletes. Not only from the first post, but also additions from the entire thread. Even the lvl 1 North American natives, thanks to totylkonaraz.
Country files for the original FtG and AGCEEP + land technology files for both. Natives file which uses Chicken Spadge tags.
Reorganisation sprites for all the tech levels. There is no more empty space in their place at high levels.
As a bonus I've added all the necessary files for the latest WATKABUG. There is even the geography.txt, because I've fixed an issue in it (the Caribbean region didn't use the Caribbean natives). I also fixed some issueses in the countries.txt.

Before installing, please delete the "\Gfx\Palettes" and "\Gfx\Map\Units" folders, since my version of these folders already have all the nececcary files (and do not have the default FtG army sprites, so copy them for yourself if you want to keep them for some reason). Don't delete other folders!

I've made a few changes compared to my previous pack:
  • I've fixed some discrepancies in tag selection between the vanilla FtG and the AGCEEP.
  • I've given some Spanish countries in America SPA army tag to better match their actual 19th century army uniforms. For those, whose real uniform was blue or white, not red.
  • The USA army sprites for Haiti and Haitian rebels. Again, to match the 19th century Haitian uniform.
  • The SAV army sprites for Sardinia. NAP for the Two Sicilies.
  • Aragon, Leon and some minors of the Iberian Peninsula have SPA army tag. Simply because the SPA sprites are similar to the historical appearance of their warriors.
  • FRA for the French minors that have lilies on a blue background on their shields, lol. Because the FRA sprites have lilies on the warrior's blue shield.
  • DAI for the Shan states.
  • Crusader countries now have the ITA navy sprites (galley), because crusader_ai prefers galleys.
  • Spanish minors use the SPA navy sprites, French minors use FRA.
  • With the new countries introduced with the latest patch, everything was easy.
This is what I remember now. Maybe I'll add something to this list later. I hasten to give totylkonaraz and everyone else this pack.

I don't know why Chicken Spadge didn't set BEI for all countries of the Indonesia region, was it a mistake or an intention. Some have MOG. It's not about religion or culture. I see no reason for such a groupping. However, for now I have kept it intact.

Last edited:
  • 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi all! Maybe a strange question, but does anyone know if it's possible to assign different sprites for officer promotions, building/upgrading a fortress, things like these, to different tags (the same way the unit sprites work)? Thanks.

Hi all! Maybe a strange question, but does anyone know if it's possible to assign different sprites for officer promotions, building/upgrading a fortress, things like these, to different tags (the same way the unit sprites work)? Thanks.
It is not possible in the current version of FtG. :)