• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaiser Franz

I am the Walrus
32 Badges
Aug 25, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hey, just to say I really do love VIP (for me its the only real way to play Victoria). But putting that aside I was wondering if you have given any thought to expanding the Crimean War (by events etc).
I was saying this as I had been over the last year been studying British strategy from 1815 to 1856 and had obviously learnt a lot about the Crimean War.
Do you think you will end up adding the more long term causes for the war - like the crisis over the Holy Places in the Ottoman empire, the scheming of the French under Napoleon III, the Four Points (the peace terms), the blockades in the Baltic, the Swedish alliance, the Tsarist councils after the fall of Sevastopol and the general movement of nations in Europe against Russia (like Prussia).

These are just suggestions, but I thought it would add a lot more depth into the war itself, which usually happens in game very quickly and not much comes of it.

They are all great ideas, though I have the impression that we shall be focusing our efforts primarily on VIP2 for Victoria 2 in the future. Maybe there will be a hotfix resolving some issues, and minor adjustments here and there, but bulk work will probably be cancelled for VIP for V:R so we can focus fully on Victoria 2.

If you have some ideas which you think we could use (such as these), then it's probably best to post them on our development forum (terranova.dk). Personally I'd recommend posting them in the VIP2 section, since that is where they are most likely to be employed.