• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

henriquepotter

Recruit
4 Badges
Apr 27, 2024
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Hello

I'm having difficulty playing cities skylines 2 with mods.

- At first I thought it was necessary to install all those programs that appear in the mods tab in the game menu, but it didn't work. I uninstalled the programs, I even uninstalled the game on Steam and did everything from scratch again.

- I searched YouTube for videos on how to solve this problem. I accessed paradox mods again through the game, I made my playlist active and the mods continue to load without stopping. I enter the game and no mods appear, just the maps!

Does anyone know how to help me??

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (8).png
    Captura de Tela (8).png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
  • Captura de Tela (9).png
    Captura de Tela (9).png
    655,7 KB · Views: 0
If you have a mod that fails, the rest of the mods do not load.
Look for it and delete it. And restart game.

Edit.-
If you add mods within the game, game warns you to restart.
If you add Mods from web Paradoxmods, when starting game, loading them, but does not warn that you have to restart game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
You didn't mention restarting the game, if you created a playlist, then added mods and went straight into the game they won't be active. You need to restart the game after adding mods at least once. Also no idea how many mods you tried to instal, it's good practise to just add a couple, make sure they work and game is stable, then add some more etc rather than download loads of them all at once.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a similar issue, with NO changes between two sessions. Yesterday, mods worked; today, mods did not load, although when loading the saved game it says "Achievements are not available because mods are enabled."

And yet, no mods.

In order to make mods work at all, yesterday, I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. That worked. But I'm not about to do that every single time I want to play.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ran into a similar issue today, mods show as loaded on the main menu and in the options, but don’t appear when I actually load into a save. I’ve tried the usual stuff:
  1. Re-starting the game (many times and after each of the following)
  2. Trying a new game Vs. loading an existing one
  3. Disabling/re-enabling the playset
  4. Re-setting the load order of the playset
  5. Deleting playset and all mods, creating a brand new playset and downloading one mod at a time
  6. Doing the above via the website rather than in-game mod manager
  7. Repairing game files in Steam
Still no luck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Are you guys using VPN's or other security software that could be blocking / re-routing some connection, to say, the initial reading of your playset (which is stored on paradox servers)? No internet or PDX mod site under heavy load has this effect too. No playset = no mods.

Whilst I periodically have problems, the same as a lot of people, mods do actually load a 85% of the time.
I often have to reset load order (but that's mentioned above).
Also, try just one mod, one without dependencies perhaps and build up from there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do you know if the mods: Tree Controler, Move it, and all that depend on the Unified Icon Library are causing this error?
I've tried mods without dependencies, I've remade my active playset several times in different ways. Unsuccessfully.

I just wanted to be able to play with the game's basic mods, Move It and Tree Controler. How I do

Do you know if the mods: Tree Controler, Move it, and all that depend on the Unified Icon Library are causing this error?
I've tried mods without dependencies, I've remade my active playset several times in different ways. Unsuccessfully.

I just wanted to be able to play with the game's basic mods, Move It and Tree Controler. How I do

Tree controller relies on Unified Icon Library and I18n EveryWhere.

Via Paradox mods website, logged in, I created a new playset.
I subscribed to both of these mods, Tree controller asked for the dependencies to be added also.
I then went into subscriptions and reset the load order.

I loaded the game it started downloading the mods, after which I restarted.
I then realised I hadn't activated the playset - ingame, so I did this and it required another restart
Mods then loaded / initialised

If not, restart again, a few times if need be, its strange!
Anyway, once it showed as loaded and no more updating/downloading etc, I started a new game and both mods exist.

Load Order:
Screenshot 2024-04-29 142937.png

Mods in main menu (no idea where it gets 8 of 8 - these are the ONLY mods I have subscribed to, for this test, and the only playset.)
Screenshot 2024-04-29 143010.png

Mods in game
Screenshot 2024-04-29 142626.png

Having issues, still? Try just move it on its own - no dependencies.

Last edited:
After some more troubleshooting I finally resolved my issue, this is what I did:
  1. Delete all other playsets and then delete all mods from remaining active playset
  2. Navigate to the location where local files are stored "... AppData/LocalLow/Colossal Order/Cities Skylines II"
  3. Delete all files from 'Mods', 'ModsData' and 'ModSettings' folders
  4. Re-launch game and add mods to playset, make sure playset is active and hit 'reset load order' for good measure
  5. Re-launch game again and load save
In the local folders I saw some files relating to mods that I had previously removed, even though they were not in any playset, I'm guessing this may have been messing up the loading of mods.

Hope that helps others.

Reactions:
In the local folders I saw some files relating to mods that I had previously removed, even though they were not in any playset, I'm guessing this may have been messing up the loading of mods.

Yeah, it seems the a mess can be left in the Appdata folders and cache, from remnants of mods, settings files/folders all over the place.
Not a fan of how they're doing it to be honest. I'm waiting until its out of beta to see if its worth it, or may just download and deal with the mod files manually (which can be done too)

As you say, deleting everything aside from Saves from here, is a good plan:

(Can copy paste this path, usually)
%userProfile%\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities Skylines II

Reactions:
Hello again!

I used the advice I received from you, but I was not successful. Reset the active playlist in different formats. I added mods with and without dependencies as you advised.

However, the mods remain loading infinitely. I left the game in the menu for at least 30 minutes and it continued loading. Even with just one mod without dependency on the active playlist and restarting the game.

It seems that Paradox didn't like me.

How long do mods take to load in your game menu?