• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gladio1951

Sergeant
30 Badges
Jun 27, 2006
  • Semper Fi
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Elven Legacy Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
After 2,597.1 hours (and hundreds offline) on Darkest Hour and a couple of years "rest" I am back in the HoI world with HoI 3 - TFH.
Being an History buff I made my own modyifications to DH Leaders (adding, deleting and changing skills, ranks, traits), to Ministers, to resources and OOBs. I also "disconnected" the Intelligence (NO algorithm can simulate intelligence operations.; maybe sigint or elint but cetainly NOT humint). I plan to do the same for TFH (I am not sure if can do the same for Intelligence; most likely not). hence and being somewahat unskilled in "computerese" I seek your kind help.
1. TFH v4.02 (TGSKH): do I need any patch?
2. Leaders, resources, OOBs appear to be in the "History" folder. Please confirm that there I can modify their statistics.
3. I cannot find the Ministers. Where are they?
4. Other than TAG Viewer, do I need to download another or better software to open the pictures?
5. One of my modifications to Italy in DH was to change the flag to that of the RSI. How I do that in TFH?
Many thanks for your help.

1. You'll need the Podcat patch for LAA memory.
2. Yep, modify those files... a note, I'd build out a mod instead, just copy those folders you're editing and that way you're not running the risk of a crash from changing base game items.
3. They're listed in the country file in the history folder. Again, make your own mod to keep errors small.
4. The screen captures? Or the images for the ministers and such? I'd get paint.net for that.
5. In the gfx folder, country flag, need to replace ITA with the appropriate gfx.

2. Yep, modify those files... a note, I'd build out a mod instead, just copy those folders you're editing and that way you're not running the risk of a crash from changing base game items.
3. They're listed in the country file in the history folder. Again, make your own mod to keep errors small.
4. The screen captures? Or the images for the ministers and such? I'd get paint.net for that.
5. In the gfx folder, country flag, need to replace ITA with the appropriate gfx.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. Yes, I do my own mod and make copies of the folders that I modify. Yes, the software to open the pictures of leaders and ministers.
Again, thank you

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry to bother you but I cannot find the Podcat patch that you mentioned. I went through the discussions but I don't seem to locate it. Could be so kind to forward me the link?

I cannot, because I can't locate it myself... I thought it was stickied somewhere but apparently it's gone. Perhaps @AndrewT could help with that bit (maybe in the Tech forum, or the stickied Patches thread on the main HoI3 page), but I know that BlackICE does include it as part of its install.

I swore there had been a dedicated thread for the fix, but thank you for helping the boot (and myself!) with finding it.

You can extract it to anywhere you like, as long as you know where that is.

Then rename your existing hoi3_tfh.exe and place the new one there instead.

I cannot, because I can't locate it myself... I thought it was stickied somewhere but apparently it's gone. Perhaps @AndrewT could help with that bit (maybe in the Tech forum, or the stickied Patches thread on the main HoI3 page), but I know that BlackICE does include it as part of its install.

Thank you.

Do you still need to install this for the latest black ice?