• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rythin

General
44 Badges
Apr 18, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Semper Fi
  • The Showdown Effect
Hello everybody.
First of all, I want to tell everyone that great and really splendind thing has just happened - I got approval from Mormegil to take over the project and lead it to ultimate glory. I think there is endless potential in Modern Day Scenario, and such thing can't be simply waste just because no one wants to continue the project. I'm not very good in motivational speechs, as I find them funny and superfluous. But something has to be said...

I don't want to usurp anyone's work - I admire Mormegil's crew's work and my utopian dream is to keep up to their standard. However, someone has to run the project, create a new crew, make todos, create assigments, trackers, shout at people and keep everything together.

It will be tough work and a lot things has to be done, but I believe in you, in MDS' community (if there is any at the moment :)). I believe few men and women spread all over the world can achieve something really great. And MDS will reach greatness one day.

I don't want to copy mistakes of Mormegil so that I will create something almost unparalleled in former version of MDS - a discipline. No, that sounds too harsh - a consequence. I don't have to remind anyone, that we won't get any money for our work and our main aim is to simply have fun, but my priority is to release MDS 1.0 and I will kill everyone who steps in my way :D (I am very confrontational man and you will soon learn that :D)

The first few days will be spent on cleaning the forum. Big request to Havard - could you please unpin 'Welcome', 'MDS crew' and 'Questions answered here'? Thank you. After that very short and unproductive period of time, the tough work will be started. I plan to divide job on three main categories - developers, researchers and graphic designers (of course you can enrol to numerous categories).

Developing is the hardest job - making projects, events scripting, thinking about the balance and all that very arduous and underestimated stuff. Researchers are guys knowing Wikipedia by heart and being able to find blueprints of lightsabers on the google :) Graphic designers designs graphic (wow, how shocking :)).

Plans for the nearest future? Creating new todos, playing and finding crucial bugs/mistakes/incorrect features. Creating new crew, making new assigments, starting this damn job.

Plans for the furthest future? MDS is one of those mods that doesn't limit authors in any field - of course starting borders should be similar to those from real life, but as we know what would happen only in first fifteen years, everything else is up to us and could be really similar to Abberation or Fantasia :) I think there should be a lot of events sequences depending on owned provinces or other minor factors. Like recreating USSR by Russia when owned all those Belarus-thingies or unifing Korean penisula available for both North and South Korea. Or possibility of choosing the ruling party in democratic system (religion, in our example :)) every four/five years. Maybe some small events giving USA a CB on Iraq? :D Well, I think event-guided Great War in 2054 is also a funny possibility :)

IMO centralization is also very important thing with Modern Day Scenario. Just let's have a look on ArchDuke's rule on Abberation forum and how well it does affect on their efficiency and team-work. I think there should be created Ultimate Council, or something similiar that would be able to decide in most crucial matters - I don't want to avoid the responsibility for taking vital decisions but also don't want to be accused for taking rash decisions and being blamed for that.

I think it's all by now. Please enrol for categories I listed up there and write how you can support our project. I will create first todo in a few days time and make first assignments.

Stay tuned.

In the old MDS I worked on events for Africa and country descriptions, I also have some skill in graphics. I would really like to help bring the MDS back to glory.

Well in the old MDS I was the head eventwriter for the Benelux...

I sure do want to take back my old job again

+ do some research for the benelux

I wasn't in the old MDS at all, but I might be able to help a bit, even though I donät know anything abou t evfent scripting and so on. If you want my help I would be most interested in helping with Europe in general, but I will prolly tell you my opinions in right about everything.

Use hanging flags instead of the original EUII shields oh and redo the menu.
You make it out of the HOI menu. :)

mds.jpg

Examples from EGUFSM

I like current menu. Of course if you feel you can do a better one, you have my full support :D And AFAIK, hanging flags are already applied? You just have to download 10mb flag add-on.