• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Howdy howdy, I just browsed through the thread and couldn't find any definitive answer for this, but is there a list of which races are compatible and able to marry one another somewhere?

I've taken cursory glance at the events folder and though I can find the events that allow marriage and cause marriages to end, I can't find the actual interaction list.

In particular, I've decided to do an interesting run of a centaur that's syncretized the Earth Mother into his Theradras worship and allied with the Horde with his followers, and I want to have a horde marriage to make it interesting. Are centaurs only able to mate/marry with one another?

EDIT: Ah sorry, I just noticed there was an interracial marriage rule that could be changed, but I'd still like to find out what would be considered compatible with what as a future reference. I'm not expecting the squid face old god guys to be able to produce kids with quillboars, but I am a bit curious how you have it set up.

Last edited:
Howdy howdy, I just browsed through the thread and couldn't find any definitive answer for this, but is there a list of which races are compatible and able to marry one another somewhere?

I've taken cursory glance at the events folder and though I can find the events that allow marriage and cause marriages to end, I can't find the actual interaction list.

In particular, I've decided to do an interesting run of a centaur that's syncretized the Earth Mother into his Theradras worship and allied with the Horde with his followers, and I want to have a horde marriage to make it interesting. Are centaurs only able to mate/marry with one another?

EDIT: Ah sorry, I just noticed there was an interracial marriage rule that could be changed, but I'd still like to find out what would be considered compatible with what as a future reference. I'm not expecting the squid face old god guys to be able to produce kids with quillboars, but I am a bit curious how you have it set up.

Any combination of marriages between orcs, elves, humans and draenei is possible. At the same time, vrykul and humans can have marriages. Orcs and ogres can do the same.

They're making the CK3 version as we speak. So it would only make sense that they stopped working on this to focus on the CK3 version.
Not really. CK3 has less gameplay features, so it would make sense to continue development on CK2 mod instead.

Reactions:
Not really. CK3 has less gameplay features, so it would make sense to continue development on CK2 mod instead.
That's...Not how modding works. Just because has less vanilla gameplay features, it doesn't make it better for modders to use.

If you want features then CK3 has a much better modding tool than CK2 had. Making it easier for them to create new features without needing to rely on DLC's as a base.

Reactions:
That's...Not how modding works. Just because has less vanilla gameplay features, it doesn't make it better for modders to use.

If you want features then CK3 has a much better modding tool than CK2 had. Making it easier for them to create new features without needing to rely on DLC's as a base.
On the other hand CK3 has much less options for supporting inhuman characters because of their 3D portraits.
Making a humanoid monster is still possible when you can morph humans into it which covers elves, dwarf and even things like orcs. But making a Tauren in CK3 is very hard, a centaur or an upcoming Dracthyr (or a real dragon) close to impossible

a centaur or an upcoming Dracthyr (or a real dragon) close to impossible
taurs may be some of the more difficult species to make work due to having a very different lower half.

But Dracthyr from WoW seems like one of the easier and much more possible things to manage. Closest thing to them that has been done would be... Argonians From TES? Just add wings. Theres still a lot of morphing but its an example of a humanoid lizard abomination. And Argonians have already been done in CK3. Just like khajiit. They even have khajiit with those kitty feet from Morrowind!

Difficult? yes. Close to impossible? No.

For some proof that it has been done:
Apologies if devs don't want other mod stuff on their page. I can remove it if need be.
Khajiit
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749107944733278389/978213809422467082/Khajiit_v2_textures.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749107944733278389/912703512956252220/furstocks1.png

Argonian
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749104815480766528/881961201507135519/unknown.png

My understanding is a couple of devs are still working on a few bugfixes and almost finished features that never made it in (Source).

For anyone looking for more expanded content for Guardians of Azeroth, I would check out the Steam Workshop. Here are a couple of mods I was able to find, whether you wish to use them or not is up to you:

Warcraft: GoA More Unit Models (Unanimated) - More unit models, though they are not animated like the other GoA models.
Warcraft: GoA RDUnlocker - Ruler Designer Unlocked for GoA.
Warcraft: GoA Trade+ Submod - Expanded and added trade routes.

Hopefully more Submods will be coming along in the near future.

GoARoadMap2.png

Tazdingo mon!

As the release of our 1.5 update draws near, we wanted to provide a quick update on the progress on the Guardians of Azeroth. Although the last year presented some extenuating circumstances for our developers, we remain committed to forging an experience that leverages the potential of Warcraft and builds on the gameplay of the base game. We're excited for what's next and remember, if you have any ideas for GoA, don't be shy to submit an issue on our GitHub repository.

Keep your feet on the ground!

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Are you guys putting updates to the master branch on the Git?

Last I see is August 2021... I could help bugfix/fix stuff, but can't help unless I have most recent commits, and maybe its on a branch I don't see.

• 1Like
Reactions: