• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks good. Most could be implemented on a next patch.

I cannot resist to remind Quintelosky to reduce enemy anti-spy missions also, it's impossible to keep an eye on any country.

HIO......I rarely post and am a die hard DH/IRON CROSS/AOD fan and was glad to stumble across this mod...even with no posted change log....but...have not been able to unpack the download file....have tried several differant unpacking programs...never had this issue before in all the mods i downloaded and installed. can you check to see if archive is corrupt. THANK YOU.

HIO......I rarely post and am a die hard DH/IRON CROSS/AOD fan and was glad to stumble across this mod...even with no posted change log....but...have not been able to unpack the download file....have tried several differant unpacking programs...never had this issue before in all the mods i downloaded and installed. can you check to see if archive is corrupt. THANK YOU.

Yes, I just checked two days ago. It unpacked flawlessly, zero errors. Tell me what message you get. And try WinRar 5.40, as it is the program I used to create the archive. And if this would fail - I will upload a normal .zip for you. But check WinRar 5.40 first, please.

THANK YOU for you fast reply. I HAD TRIED TO open with zip7 and frograr programs...neither worked. DAY later i tried with winrar 5.4....it worked...at least unpacked. .Unfortuately i tried to install it on DH version of iron cross.....copy and paste it...alas...DH WILL not start the iron cross mod with your mod...lol. I am a little surprise that one version of you mod can work on all 3 of the host games...AOD...DH AND HOI2. I sure it something simple that i should of done or not done...anyway thanks for your time and efford.

Last edited:
THANK YOU for you fast reply. I HAD TRIED TO open with zip7 and frograr programs...neither worked. DAY later i tried with winrar 5.4....it worked...at least unpacked. .Unfortuately i tried to install it on DH version of iron cross.....copy and paste it...alas...DH WILL not start the iron cross mod with your mod...lol. I am a little surprise that one version of you mod can work on all 3 of the host games...AOD...DH AND HOI2. I sure it something simple that i should of done or not done...anyway thanks for your time and efford.

Did you copy it to your "Mods" folder and choose it from the launcher program's menu? Could you try it with HoI 2 as well to see if it works with your configuration too, please? And I tested the mod myself on all three games and it worked.

lol....i finally broke down and just to play this mod installed hoi2 :doomsday. THAT meant....break out the old cd-rom ...then install....althought win10 dont like cd-roms....seach for patch for doomsday...install.....then download and install armgroon (mispelled)....then install patch...then down load iron cross and install...then the patch...then your mod. ALL works...including your mod. TRUTH IS i never got ironcross to work on hoi2:doomsday before...so get to see the new features. NOT sure why it not working on DH...IRONCROSS did work before i add your mod but the dh version dont have a mod folder for ironcross which make sense since onDH it is placed in DH mod folder....i really would like install this on AOD ....but after DH i dont think i try......AS for the doomsday version i do have a issue...i play with 1600-900 resluotion laptop...and i can selected this option....agggghhhhh. ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP and making this mod...with just a glance it looks to be an improvement...I USE COUNTERS...ty

There is no mod folder for Iron Cross in DH, correct. There is a folder for all mods for DH with IRON CROSS on the top of it. I used it and the modification worked flawlessly.

so this does not work with hoi2?
Who told you that? Stop spreading unrest, please. As long as you have IRON CROSS installed on any of the games it works with (be it HoI 2 DD Arma, AoD or DH) - it will work. It doesn't work on pure HoI 2 DD Arma, AoD or DH. It is as simple as that. I made a mod for IRON CROSS, not other games. This is why it is in IRON CROSS forum.

Last edited:
WOW....just to be CLEAR.....i got this mod to work on HOI 2 DOOMSDAY....i failed to get it to work on DH...but i expect if i reinstall everything it will work....i havent tried it on AOD....mostly due to my game of AOD is patched to AOD10....(THE TENTH PATCH) while iron cross on supports AOD 9. someday ironcrss will be updated to AOD10 (althought by then AOD WILL BE GOING ON PATCH 13..LOL). Someday i reinstall AOD AND PATCH UP TO aod9 to try this mod. DONT let anything posted here stop you from trying IRONCROSS and this MOD. CZUDAK ty for the mod and fast response.

Hi,

thx for mod but are you sure yr mod works with AoD as well?

"1. Grab the .zip file from the link above and unpack to your Mods folder in the Iron Cross installation directory (like in: X:\Your IRON CROSS\Mods\).
2. Launch the setup program (IronCross_Setup.exe if you don't know) and choose "Cross of Iron vBETA9", from the "Mod" menu, under the checksum box."

AoD version of Iron Cross does not have mods directory by deault, nor ironcross_setup.exe. Im supposed to do copy paste?

Edit: Copy paste does not work.

Hi,
I was looking through the forums and saw this mod... I'm currently playing it (and loving it) and the question arises: Is this still alive? How may I help?

Cheers!

Hello.

Yes, you can help me in a couple of ways.

1. If you know how to use graphic programs like Photoshop/GIMP - I need someone to help me get crispy-clean technology trees' backgrounds on one layer, with the colored lines (from said tech trees; the ones showing correlations between techs) on the another. The lines should be without any arrows and no anti-aliasing as well.
2. You have Iron Cross' source code/know how to decompile the .EXE to get it - I need someone who could localize a few calls to several pesky bitmaps I can't track down myself. Plus, positioning for certain name strings too, so I could fully revamp the tech trees.
3. You know how to handle Excel/Open Office/similar programs and format .CSV files - it would be beneficial to remove unneeded languages strings from config files and leave English only; that would greatly speed up the process of me adding particular text improvements.
4. Finally, if you're not proficient in any of the above - wish me will power to finish this modification. Oh, you can also pester Quintelosky a little and put some pressure on him; reminding the bloke that he's still has forum to run and game to update would be profitable for us all. Just don't overdo it, please.

Reactions: