• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wont HH be a big problem?
The province is so small that an airport will be impossible to select as it sits under the sprites / counters..?

Edit : just saw a privince thats worse: bremen - not even the text could fit..?

Besides that t really looks very very good ;)

It may be too late, but I made more detailed map for Lithuania. If you'll ever do a map with even more provinces, you could use it. :)

73262191.jpg

Vilnius is a Polish province (Wilno) in the interwar, but I still made it to watch how it looks :D Also if it doesn't deserve an urban province, it should be forest.

And also Lithuania should claim Suwalki and Augustow (southern Suwalki region) as well as Grodno and Vilnius :)

P.S. Sorry for my english.

wont HH be a big problem?
The province is so small that an airport will be impossible to select as it sits under the sprites / counters..?

Edit : just saw a privince thats worse: bremen - not even the text could fit..?

Besides that t really looks very very good ;)
+1

The solution here would be to increase the overall size of the map... but AFAIK this is a problem that still has to be dealt with...

I have another, little "complaint": aren't the borders maybe too jagged, sometimes? IMHO they make a bit hard to tell at a glance which are the provinces' connections, conversely to original HoI2 borders. Couldn't they be straightened a bit?
Apart from that, great work, really!

The overall size of the map is already increased. To the south. But don't know if it's a good idea to make the map to large.
Yeah, I see your point. Some provinces like Hamburg, Berlin or Bremen could be very problematic to deal with when filled with: an airport, a port, AA, radar and maybe even some divisions ;) , though. Maybe increasing them a little could do the trick?

It will be a bad idea if the overall number of provinces will be increased too much. That's why I can't stand HoI3 - too many things to handle on too detailed map. 15K provs is nonsense.

It will be a bad idea if the overall number of provinces will be increased too much. That's why I can't stand HoI3 - too many things to handle on too detailed map. 15K provs is nonsense.
Well, if you are referring to our "increase province" issue, then I agree with you: I too don't want billions of provinces on map. We were writing about increasing some provinces' size (like Hamburg, which is IMHO a bit too small at the moment).

Well, if you are referring to our "increase province" issue, then I agree with you: I too don't want billions of provinces on map. We were writing about increasing some provinces' size (like Hamburg, which is IMHO a bit too small at the moment).

Yes, that's what I mean. Too small provinces will turn out being unclickable. The best solution (for me) would be to increase the overall size of the map, to make the provinces bigger.

EDIT: Post #1000!!!

If I have the time after my AP Exams, I will try to make a topographical map of the US, rather than the political one we have now. Its pretty ridiculous to have the regions split the way they are when there are rivers that really run right through the middle of them.

Yes, that's what I mean. Too small provinces will turn out being unclickable. The best solution (for me) would be to increase the overall size of the map, to make the provinces bigger.

The map has to be playable. If there are some provinces which are so small that they're unclickable they'll be ignored, sadly. A generally increased map seems imho to be a better solution than (several) ahistorically enlarged provinces.

Here you can see which area my map will cover. The southern tip of South America and New Zealand are not in the frame. I already have asked lennartos to increase the map dimensions...

The overall size of the map is already increased. To the south. But don't know if it's a good idea to make the map to large.

Are the Falklands and Cape Horn back in the game? That'd be nice. :)

Has anybody done some play testing to check how the larger map files influence the overall performance of the game? If this is negligible then we could have both: historically correct and playable provinces. ;)

The map has to be playable. If there are some provinces which are so small that they're unclickable they'll be ignored, sadly. A generally increased map seems imho to be a better solution than (several) ahistorically enlarged provinces.
+1

BTW, nice to see Antarctica should be in. That makes for some cool post-WW2 events... ;)

+1

BTW, nice to see Antarctica should be in. That makes for some cool post-WW2 events... ;)

Err, sorry, i wouldn't expect Antarctica to be in the game. Maybe the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula but i wouldn't bet on it...

Err, sorry, i wouldn't expect Antarctica to be in the game. Maybe the northern tip of the Antarctic Peninsula but i wouldn't bet on it...
It seemed to me looking at the map screenshot, two or three posts ago. Well, I guess just a little portion of the Antarctic Peninsula will be enough :) .

It seemed to me looking at the map screenshot, two or three posts ago. Well, I guess just a little portion of the Antarctic Peninsula will be enough :) .

That's a "very" old screenie posted by Mexbuild to illustrate the size of the chosen map projection. The coloured map is the original while the blue one will be his new map. You can recognize that certain parts of the world, especially the Americas, are further stretched out. ;)

The actual map covers the map from the north coast of Norway until the cape of good hope.
But I won't increase the whole mapsize again - I won't start the whole work from beginning.

The actual map covers the map from the north coast of Norway until the cape of good hope.

That looks like a "No!" to my question re:Cape Horn. That is a little bit sad, but otherwise with the revamped naval ranges acceptable. The game focuses mainly on other regions anyway.

But I won't increase the whole mapsize again - I won't start the whole work from beginning.

If any map increase requires you to start from scratch, then we have to look for other options to solve the perceived problem. In case of Bremen we might either drop it or create the missing province Oldenburg, which was a small state inside Germany at that point, and reduce the oversized province of W'haven.