• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(442465)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jan 31, 2012
  • King Arthur II
So I have been humming along in the game, no problems whatsoever with difficulty, but as soon as I am tasked with merlin imprisoned, I find myself at a game-breaking moment. I gathered all my allies, focusing entirely on melee troops as they seemed a much better choice vs the enemies I had seen up there thus far, figuring I could use magic to take down any flying units... Now I am faced with fighting 6+ dragons with 60k hp each and no way to recruit any ranged units to combat the tthreat. All of my saves are past the point where I could choose allies.

Any way to fix this, or do I have to start the whole dang game over again because of this?... which, quite frankly, probably won't happen as I'll likely give up playing in frustration.

Arguments about gameplay strategy aside, if there's no way around restarting the whole campaign, this really needs patched. It's completely absurd to be able to find your way into a position where there's no possible hope of winning.

And what about spells - you do have spells, right? At that far you are in the campaign you should also have tons of mana boosting items and items that reduce your cooldown.

We will check that battle though, but it's true that you should be prepared for flying beasts in this game.