• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ozgreat

Corporal
26 Badges
Oct 5, 2014
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I have a problem which I hope you kind members can assist with.

I am relatively new to this type of game so in an effort to get an understanding, a little at a time, I decided to play as an insignificant "Wurttemberg". As I build and improve without any interference thus far I have managed to build troops but am in a situation where I cannot find a way to merge troops into one, so under one command. As a small dot on the landscape I have only a handful of leaders.

My makeup is as follows:

Stuttgart 8.6k in one group, 1 leader.
Donaushingen 4.6k in 4th, 5th and 6th army. 2.4k 1 leader. 1k and 1.2k no leader
Ulm 11.4k in 4 groups. 7k and 2.4k 1 leader each. remainder of 1k and 1k no leader.

Questions?

How can I merge an army or group into one under 1 leader.
I cannot move any troops from Donaushingen back to Wurttemberg proper and I could move them back if the adjoining province of Uberlingen was under my control instead of Baden.

I must sound like an awful idiot but as I am in my 60's I thought it was time to start playing these games before it is too late.....

My reading interests are Military history 400 BC through to present....a lot to get through at my age.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards to all,

oz

Earlier today I tried to add my own reply to this but for some reason it did not work. Please excuse what I assume that I am one that is ..'a noob'.

Sometime back I had a workplace accident that limited my activities to just reading and now I have taken up these type of games as I have an interest in History, Military and the Strategy within.

I wrote my post both here and on the Forum on Steam in the hope that one of you kind Members would respond, even if it was to be of no help at all.

Persisting with the game I have discovered the solution to my problem, in part, but that now does not matter.

I have read a lot of the forum, both for this game and others, some of which I have purchased, and for the main there is a lot of posting and responding to those posts. No doubt I will probably struggle somewhat along the way with this game and others as I am new to this type of entertainment.

But considering 50 odd views to my post and not one "hello oz, cannot help you mate" I now take the view that it would be pointless of me to ever writing again if I find I am in need of assistance.

What also is of concern that not one of the representatives of the Developers of this game had the decency to respond to my post and if they even cared, they would find that I have purchased nine of their games.

I guess if one asks what is a valid question to a new user such as myself or is such a ridiculous question to experienced players then there is really no point in bothering to reply. Despite that over 50 of the Members viewed my post.

Very disheartening to say the least.

Kind regards to all,

oz

If I understand this correctly, you have two or more armies that you want to merge into a larger army. To do this, you have to have the armies in the same province and select them. You then get a button in the unit screen that says "merge units", like this:
D24A226A242493A9324775A6E26B88BAE9C994AF

Edit: And the reason for it taking some time before anyone answers is probably because Paradox has stopped development for this game (is was not exactly a huge success...), so not a lot of people check this subforum.

jrgen3,

Many thanks for your reply.

I had solved my problem but I do thank you for your help.

The comment regarding not a lot of people checking this sub-forum is noted, however at this point there have been over 90 views to my post and having only one reply is quite upsetting.

Again I thank you, but for the number of views to my post to be in excess of 90 in 2 days is not what I would call "not a lot of people checking this sub-forum".

My kind regards to you,

oz

The comment regarding not a lot of people checking this sub-forum is noted, however at this point there have been over 90 views to my post and having only one reply is quite upsetting.

Again I thank you, but for the number of views to my post to be in excess of 90 in 2 days is not what I would call "not a lot of people checking this sub-forum".
90 views in less than 2 full days is actually rather low for the forum's standards (at least if we consider more thriving ones; take Crusader Kings II, for example), so Jrgen was right about that.

In addition, bear in mind that:

1) every time someone accesses the thread, it gets one more view - and that applies to you, too;
2) some (many) people might be viewing it just out of curiosity (like I did) without actually having the game and/or being able to solve your problem.

So, sorry but your perceived idea that "90 views = 90 people who didn't give a f...amn about my issue" is definitely misguided.

Hey Oz,

Hope you enjoy the game :). As Jrgen and Titan have said, the MotE forums are pretty quiet (I only duck in here every month or so, and there's normally only 5-10 new threads in that period) - I've generally found the community here to be pretty helpful (there are always a few idiots, but that's unfortunately just the internet/nature of humanity, please don't let any get to you). Also keep in mind that the community here is quite international, so not everyone reading will have as good a grasp of English as others (the standard's pretty good, and forumites' English is a good deal better than any of my non-English languages), but sometimes this can lead to the odd misunderstanding.

Best of luck getting into historical strategy games, it's never too late to, and they're top fun :). I'm not a hardcore gamer in any way, shape or form, but if you get stuck on something and can't find an answer elsewhere, feel free to PM and I'll do my best to help.

Have a grand-strategy-tastic New Year :)

Axe