• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice, great to see you back in the business. :)

I was hoping to finish this finally, but looks like I'm too lazy to find the time to write the last session through still..

Hehe, I know that very well. But you should find the time, this AAR deserves it ;)

Necromancy...

Chapter Eight
Vincit qui patitur​

Part II

4th of November 1941,
Brits are not giving up, and this picture shows well the current state of infrastructure in Egypt...

411104egyinf.png

5th of November 1941,
If Infra is bad across the border, our supply ain't exactle perfect either...
...some Japanese and German transports are on loan to help with air supply (not sure when this happened, actually, or if I already mentioned it in this AAR, it's been a while, but they were such a help could as well repeat it).

411105egysup.png

7th of November 1941,
Italian forces are seeking to recapture the lost north african holdings via attacking along the coast towards Tobruk

411107tobruk.png

9th of November 1941,
Soviets are still stubbornly advancing in persia, despite our air superiority, though they are taking quite some losses in process..

411109pers.png

10th of November 1941,
Our troops have reached Tobruk and engaged the defenders.

411110tobruk.png

14th of November 1941,
While Brits have abandoned few of their more hopeless attacks in Egypt it now seems likely they will capture a province or two...

411114egypt.png

24th of November 1941,
We have lost a few and Karf El Sheikh is not looking so good, but I'm sure the brave Italians can hold it off until reinforced.

411204egypt.png

27th of November 1941,
But at least these british troops are in rough shape, we do still maintain air superiority in the area as well.

411127egy.png

1st of December 1941,
Looks like we might lose El Suweis, then loss of Suez canal would be only one province away, even if we have stacked it with quite heavy defensive force..

411201suez.png

3rd of December 1941,
But luckily, relief is approaching from west, Tobruk was taken and the force has raced all the way El Alamein and now seeks to reunite with the command in Alexandria.

411203egypt.png

5th of December 1941,
Not optimal conditions for offensive, but possibility of trapping some British/Belgian troops at coast must be taken.

411205egy.png

8th of December 1941,
Alas, the Brits notice their problem and manage to escape...

411208egy.png

14th of December 1941,
Success, and the Allied forces are withdrawing from Egypt.

411214egy.png

20th of December 1941,
My but those Soviets are stubborn, still advancing.

411220pers.png

4th of January 1942,
Situation in Eastern Mediterranean, troops in Greece are actually Hungarian, who moved in to secure it in case British would break through Suez.

421204eastmed.png

Epilogue

Epiloque

With the withdrawal of British force in Egypt, a stable line was drawn on the dunes, and only hot spot for Italy was now Persia, soviets fought hard in here, while our airforce finally stalled their advance and we managed to gain back most of the Persia we had lost in the next 3 months, it was a rather slow war.

Our allies did most of the fighting past this point, and I have very limited number of screenies of that, thus, we'll hop straight into the matter...

13th of November,
Germany captures Arkhangelsk, last soviet sea port is lost, and they finally give in, surrendering their European territory and some of the far eastern as well to the Axis. With their last continental ally in the war gone, United Kingdom and United States south Peace with the Axis powers, and a cease fire was signed, while lasting peace deal was not reached, the lines were pretty clear cut, Axis now controlled Europe and Asia, the Allies maintened control of most of Africa, Australia and Americas and the British Isles.

Situation before Soviet surrender.
420313.png

Pst, Ederon, why don't we have nice animated map of this yet? :rofl:

For 'wider' view of the war, our 'local' AAR written during the game can be found in http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1868