(megacampaign start) The (failed)5th restoration war of the Ming against Qing , too much simple life in the south

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tsehoyin

Private
26 Badges
Nov 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • For The Glory
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Can Victoria 3 be played as a war focused game like eu4 or hearts of iron?
There is so much potential, old traditional samurai swords versus guns in the Boshin war in Japan (the last samurai), the American civil war, Crimean war (1853), and WW1
After a heated discussion with my friend Wolf, we found out the war system in it's core, is actually ok. (not the best, but not bad). It saves a lot of micro-management, which allows us to better focus on the economy.
We think that there is still a lot of room improvement, for example, adding some casualty number to show on the map. Fix the bugs, such as the broken frontline system that collapses to so many, 1 man can hold off 100000 man in his front line (a bug from before, but it was fixed now) etc.
Since we are tired of playing so many economy games, we decided to play victoria 3, in the most war mongering way possible.
We decided to edit the 1661 year mark in Eu4 to generate an alternative start for 1836 Victoria 3 (suitable for to what would happen if Ming survive to 1836)
The goal is to restore the Ming dynasty and the Chinese people as the rightful ruler of China, from the Qing steppe nomad oppressors.

I hope this AAR will be entertaining and you enjoy it. Also, I hope that I can convey some of that message. (that Victoria 3 could be a good wargame )

Prologue: Back to the Future

mingnanjing.jpg

mingnanjing2.jpg

photo: In order to celebrate "the Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Qing Dynasties" Wikipedia in Nanjing being included as a UNESCO world heritage site for 15 years(from 2003), several reenactors are wearing Ming army uniform and touring together in the streets

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
2 Anime Girls Time Travels to the Past (and communicate with cell phones)
ming1.jpg

what is this little box, it is called a "cell phone"?

Present Day, Hong Kong
*After a long discussion*

character1.jpg
(fake Yuugure from Azure Lane)Wolf: So the thing we are going to do, is we will use a time machine to travel back in time, in order to save Ming and build factory in 1836
character2.jpg
(fake Luo TianYi)Ms T: Exactly, today, on the label of all these products, they say, Alpha chocolate, company since 1886, Beta biscuit, company since 1912. We are going back in time to 1661 to save Ming, and then we are going to build factories. On our product, we are gonna write a label that says, company since 1661, that way people will think that Chinese products are actually good. .

character1.jpg
Wolf: Alright, we are going to do it. However, there is a problem, we as average human only have life of 100 years, how are we going to survive until 1836 when the industrial revolution starts, to start building factories.
character2.jpg
Ms T: The immortality potion, obviously! Drink it and come fight with me from 1661 to 1836, then we will start building factories.
character1.jpg
Wolf: No, we will be too powerful. With all the modern knowledge and our solar powered cell phone, in 1836 the Qing will be non-existent anymore, which will defeat our purpose. Listen, I got a better plan.
character1.jpg
Wolf: We are going to drink the immortality potion, time travel back in time to 1662, save Ming, and then time travel back to 1836, and see what actions we did in 1662 caused a ripple effect.
character2.jpg
Ms T: Back to the Future! Great Plan! I like it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Chapter 1-1: The Shocking Time Travel Setup.

The Qing Manchurian Emperor Nurhaci accidentally invented Time machine by drinking milk in 1600, he sent time travelers to the future to sabotage Wolf and Ms T's attempt to save Ming in 1661.

*Explosions* *Confused screaming*
character1.jpg
Wolf: Noooooo
character2.jpg
Ms T: AHHHHH
After awhile, the two begin to calm down.
character2.jpg
Ms T: Why did our time machine break down? Where are we now.

Outside the time machine
ming2.jpg

Manchu Time Traveler Spy Horse Rider: Suckers, You time travelled to 63 million years ago, Emperor Nurhaci sent me to the future to sabotage your time machine! My pet Rex, kill them!

*Explosions**Rumbling**Dinosaur Howling*
character1.jpg
Wolf: I will go outside to fight this dinosaur
character1.jpg
Wolf: You think my cannon on my profile picture is fake? EAT MY CANNON

*Explosion*
Manchu Time Traveler Spy Horse Rider: Noooo, they have modern weapon! *fall down*

The dinosaur's dead body trapped Wolf, now she cannot get back to the time machine

Time machine: Time Error, Time, 63 million year ago, Begin procedure to fix time coordinates, destination, AD 1661, Begin automatic countdown

character2.jpg
Ms T: The count down is automatic, I can't stop the count down now, what can I do to save you from trapped in 63 million year ago Wolf?
character1.jpg
Wolf: It's ok, just give me the back up time machine. I will be there in 1661
character2.jpg
Ms T: Ah, but we will not be in the same machine, now we are going to be in different places
character1.jpg
Wolf: Just call me with your cell phone when you are in 1661, tell me where you are.

In year 1661: (multiplayer lobby)
ming3.jpg

character2.jpg
Ms T: (solar powered cell phone) Hey, Wolf ! Can you hear me? The time machine is working, I am in 1661 now. I taught the people in Macau, Taiwan, and Hainan about the modern world. Now they will help us in the fight against the Qing.
character1.jpg
Wolf: (solar powered cell phone) Yes, This is finally working. Unfortunately, I am in a different place, I am in Vietnam now, and I have a lot of Vietnamese followers.
character1.jpg
Wolf: Historically, the last emperor of Zhu dynasty of Ming will be killed while escaping in Cambodia in 1661, We must use all of our influence to stop it from happening. You will work on one place, and I will work on another. I will also try to influence some of the European traders too, hopefully the ripple effect in the world will be in our favor.
character2.jpg
Ms T: Just one more thing, how should we call my new alliance league of Macau, Taiwan, and Hainan?
character1.jpg
Wolf: Why do you worry about such minor things. Just call it the National Protection League, like the revolutionaries who won in 1920s against the newly established Chinese Empire after Qing is destroyed.
character2.jpg
Ms T: Alright, the National Protection League it is then.
character1.jpg
Wolf: Once we save the emperor and cause enough ripple effect to our favor, we will meet each others again in 1836.

Last edited:
Chapter 1-2: The Ripple Effect

ming4.jpg

It is the year 1836, wolf and Ms T time travel back to the future and finally meet again in Macau.

character2.jpg
Ms T: Ming survives! Ming survives!
character1.jpg
Wolf: Yes, the Ming survives.
character2.jpg
Ms T: What are the ripple effect changes that we caused in the world.
ming5.jpg

character1.jpg
Wolf: First, I told the British that colonizing America is not worth it, so America doesn't exist, they are still called the thirteen small colonies.
character2.jpg
Ms T: What the hell ? So George Washington was living in Great Britain enjoying his tea? All the other founding fathers of America never been to America in this timeline.
ming6.jpg

character1.jpg
Wolf: As a result, nobody was colonizing except Spain. The European Powers never found another way around the Africa to trade with Asia, until recently. The Ottoman Empire dominated the monopoly of European trade with the Silk Road. The Ottomans defeated Russia and Austria, and Poland Lithuania became powerful by invading the weakened neighbors.

character1.jpg
Wolf: In this timeline, Prussia is still a vassal under Poland Lithuania.

character2.jpg
Ms T: The western Slavs *laugh*, so the Ottomans are mega powerful, and Poland instead of being destroyed, is now destroying others. Interesting
ming7.jpg

character1.jpg
Wolf: After we rescued the Ming emperor, we had a small talk to change the country names again. I decided to change the name of "Chinese Vietnam" to "Nan Yue", while you changed the name of "National Protection League" to "United League".
character1.jpg
Wolf: During 1661 to 1836, the Qing left us alone. Nan Yue, Ming and United League are called the "Outcasts". The Qing allowed us to exist because they followed a policy of Isolation, and we are the doors to the outside foreign trade, The Japanese did the same with Nagasaki, namely Shoni, Shimazu, and Ito Daimyos.

character2.jpg
Ms T: So we are a bunch of trading ports and undeveloped territories that the Qing didn't want to care. The Japanese did the exact same thing.

character1.jpg
Wolf: Exactly, and since Europeans never bothered to colonize, the Mughals dominate India now, with only a few ports here and there recently established.

• 1Like
Reactions: