May I tempt you with a few EU4 Alpha Screenshots?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well true dat, we should get egypt with mamluk dynasty, and turkey with ottoman dynasty.

Never gonna happen. Too many players are used to and want their Ottomans and Mamluks.

I like it. I like it a lot!

Regina, what are you tempting us to do? Buy the game? We'd love to!

I agree with earlier posters (in another thread) that the mountain-bumps on the map are a little extreme. I'm curious if the Ottomans and Mamluks are sticking to the same naming conventions as they had in EU3, or if muslim countries in general are going to get dynastic names as per CK2. My apologies if Captain Gars just answered that. It seems to me something to reconsider, it would be super-cool to have the Arabic world actually have some uniform naming mechanism.

In the first screenshot I can see Crimea's fleet and army stationed in one province, and one eclipsing the other's info banner (which, I guess, also serves as a selection tool). This might not be overly good news.

In the first screenshot I can see Crimea's fleet and army stationed in one province, and one eclipsing the other's info banner (which, I guess, also serves as a selection tool). This might not be overly good news.
It happens in CK2 but if you zoom in you can always distinguish between them easily.

It should be Ottoman Empire, but then I just think that looks nicer on a map than just 'Ottomans' or Turkey.