• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JstLink

Recruit
3 Badges
May 1, 2024
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
When I create a custom game and go to select my map size, what do the different sizes mean? The descriptions are so vague I have no concept of what each map size is like other than tiny is the smallest and huge is the biggest. Right next to this you have map type and have detailed descriptions on those. Tells me exactly what to expect from the type of the map. But with size, no idea.

Tiny - A very small world, for just a handful of players.
Is a handful 5?

Small - A small world supporting a medium number of players.
Is medium 6? medium to me suggests around half, 8 being the max would be around 4. But that means a handful is smaller than 5 now? Does support mean all nations have enough room to spread out and reach end game, or does support mean it will have heavy competition for space?

Medium - The default map size, supporting a full complement of players.
Full complement? Support?

Large - A large world with plenty of room for players to grow.
Plenty of room? Does that mean we will all fit comfortably with 4 regions? 6? does this include vassals?

Huge - A very large world, supporting max player count across all map types.
So does this mean the smaller maps support max players across some map types? And again, what does support mean?

I would change all of these to just give the number of tiles. 64x64, 2000x6000, whatever the sizes are. I know this is nit picky but it bugs me and I would like to know how big the worlds I'm creating are.

• 1Like
Reactions: