• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(52751)

Captain
Jan 11, 2006
bunkerarchaeology.net
Hi,

Although the provinces are the urban color [gold], they act as plains provinces in combat and from the map popup from a mouseover. Is the intent to have so many urban provinces?

How can I fix this? I looked in provinces.csv but they are all listed as urban. Is there another file that controls this?

Thanks,

kilolima

my mistake, although the image for plains shows up in combat and the text popup says plains, in combat the provinces are treated as urban as far as for +/- modifiers. I noticed in the province multi-language text file for the popups the description was incorrect and I guess the images are also incorrectly labeled. However, this may be an artifact of my install.

IIRC large numbers of provinces were recategorised as urban so that province images could be displayed. Although the urban combat modifier icon appears, the actual combat effects of the 'urban' provinces are the same as those of plains.

Hi,

Although the provinces are the urban color [gold], they act as plains provinces in combat and from the map popup from a mouseover. Is the intent to have so many urban provinces?

How can I fix this? I looked in provinces.csv but they are all listed as urban. Is there another file that controls this?

Thanks,

kilolima

What you need to do is to replace that provinces.csv with the vanilla file. Also delete (or mute out) the "off map" owned provinces of Germany and Nicaragua in whatever scenario you might be playing.